Thin Lizzy (Official Thread)

Vic2010

Reaction score
Re: Thin Lizzy

I got the "Live & Dangerous" CD yesterday. Haven't heard it all yet but I'm lovin' what I've heard so far. :cheers2

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score

I got the "Live & Dangerous" CD yesterday. Haven't heard it all yet but I'm lovin' what I've heard so far. :cheers2

CHEERS..its considered the greatest live performance ever by many in the industry!!!

Vic2010

Reaction score

Well I'm not sure I'd say it's "the greatest live performance ever" but it's pretty good. As a Thin Lizzy fan it should be in my collection. The songs I really dig are the ones I'm not too familiar with (or ones I've only heard a few times over the years). I really dig "Sha La La." My God does that track ROCK!

I've really become a Phil Lynott fan though. I'm just gonna buy the entire Thin Lizzy discography. I know those first few albums with Eric Bell aren't "classic Lizzy" but being that I'm into Phil Lynott (singer, songwriter, poet, madman, frontman) I think I just want all the albums. I've streamed some tracks at Rhapsody and I think those early albums are worth having.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Played this one for the third time last night..."Night Life".

Definitely the most laid back TL album so far by quite a margin, took me a couple of listens to get used to the idea of them doing almost an "Unplugged" album, before it became in vogue.

Thin_Lizzy_-_Nightlife--wwwFreeCove.jpg

Thin_Lizzy_-_Nightlife--wwwFreeC-1.jpg

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score

LG,
Gorham's view on Nightlife was the band was searching for their sound, and that was the last album that they would do without pure fire coming through

and Vic... get Phils solo Cds, some of his best stuff are on those.. very interesting for sure..

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

It's okay TLF, just takes some getting used to, you know on every album there are a couple of laid back softer songs, but this is the only one, if I remember correctly that they make up the majority of the album.

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score

^^We were waiting for you to show up Dairenn.:grinthumb

Next on my list, "Fighting", I am blown away all over again playing my old TL albums. Digging out old treasure is just as satisfying as discovering new stuff.

Haha, thank you. ;-)

I miss that twin-guitar attack by live bands, these days. Later this summer when Starfire begins performing in the LA area, we will be running 2 electric guitars in addition to bass & drums. I'm also manning--yes, that's right--keyboards.

It's hard work but it's worth it. For that sound? Anything is worth it.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online

No members online now.