Thin Lizzy - Sight & Sound: In Concert"

EagleEye250

Reaction score
People old enough may remember the TV programme "Sight & Sound: In Concert".

In general, when they're repeated they're only repeated in mono. These shows were made in stereo for a "BBC Radio 1 or 2 FM" stereo simulcast.

Does anyone have the stereo soundtrack of the Thin Lizzy one recorded off the radio? And any other artist if possible. Provided the FM reception was OK.

I'm hoping the BBC still have the separate stereo tapes made for the stereo simulcast, but I want to send a copy of as many as possible so if they are missing they can re-sync them.

I edit myself and I'd go to the BBC myself and do it if it's too expensive for them. I just need a quick tutorial of their software. Remember, the stereo audio is all I need.

Thanks,
Andrew Smith

EagleEye250

Reaction score
Yes and no. That's the right gig but it's the wrong picture which is in mono. I was after the audio in stereo, which I've since acquired from the Phil Lynott box set. I'm going to do it now.

EagleEye250

Reaction score
A lot of them such as some "BBC: In Concert" were on the TV as well as all episodes of "BBC Sight & Sound: In Concert" were on the TV at the same time as BBC Radio 1 FM Stereo as a simulcast. These were the days long before stereo TV. Viewers were told to turn their TV sound on "mute" and tune your Hi-Fi (provided you've got a good signal of stereo FM BBC Radio 1 and listen to the radio on your Hi-Fi or good sounding radio, or via on your headphones.

The radio would sync perfectly with the TV picture, so you got a TV picture and stereo sound together.

These were stereo simulcasts and lasted from around 1975/85. After this proper stereo television slowly was brought in

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online