Thin Lizzy-Live And Dangerous (1978) Vs Ufo-Strangers in The Night

Thin Lizzy-Live And Dangerous (1978) Vs UFO-Strangers In The Night (1979)

• Thin Lizzy-Live And Dangerous (1978)

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • UFO-Strangers In The Night (1979)

Votes: 18 48.6%

• Total voters

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Both are fabulous live albums, but I will always consider Stranger's in the Night the best all round live record ever done.

rtbuck

Reaction score
UFO gets my vote! I just think back to the days in the 70's playing ice hockey & discovering bands which kind of went together because it was my fellow teammates that would say something like "You like Kiss? Try Judas Priest, try the Scorpions, Try UFO..." From the day I picked up Strangers in the Night I loved it & actually got to see them on that tour (it was originally supposed be UFO w/AC/DC opening but UFO was held up at the border so we got a full AC/DC w/Bon Scott set & UFO returned w/ Talas a month later which we used the same ticket for). Live, UFO was as great as the live album(Pete Way was such a showman on Bass!) Anyway,great band & one of my favorite live albums of all time.

I liked Thin Lizzy's live album although for me there's no comparison to the UFO album. I like Thin Lizzy but that's about it. There are tons of fans around but I just can't go much beyond saying they're good. My favorite album by them is Chinatown. A strange story about the live album was I bought the album from A store called Cavages & I brought it home, played side one & two, grabbed the next record out of the sleeve...&...it was side one & side two! 2 weeks later I brought Bob Seger's Nine Tonight live album & the same thing happened! The guy at the record store laughed when I came back for a second time

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I'd say you got extremely lucky a full set of ACDC in their prime, and then UFO later in all their glory. I remember being in the record store when the clerk pulled out Strangers...and played side one. Before the side ended I had already picked up a copy along with the other records I wanted.:D

Love Thin Lizzy too Bucky, have all their studio albums and Live & Dangerous of course but my favorite of theirs' will always be Jailbreak. Not because of the hit single which has been played to death over the years but that whole album showcases all the diversity of the band. Picked up a brand new vinyl copy two years ago and it sounds great and also have a new pressing of "Strangers..." as well.:tup:

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Both seminal live albums. Strangers in the Night just goes on for one side too much. Live and Dangerous ends too soon so it gets my vote. :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whitewintermarket

Members online