Twenty best 'live' albums (official only - no boots)

70sProgFan

Reaction score
After thinking about it last night while listening to GRAND FUNK RAILROAD LIVE from 1969 here is another 5 live albums that are worth considering?.

1.Focus Live At The Rainbow (the Rainbow theatre in 1973 or originally called the Finsbury Park Astoria in north London but nowadays it's a Muslim temple)
2.Grand Funk Railroad Live (from 1969)
3.Motorhead No Sleep Till Hammersmith (from 1980)
4.Judus Priest Unleashed In The East (from 1979)
5.Wishbone Ash Live Dates Two (from 1979-80 possibly not as good as Live Dates from 1973 but it's a ok listen although I haven't heard it now for about 30+ years??).

I'm listening to all of my Focus albums today - going to see them on Sunday night.
Can't wait!!

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
After thinking about it last night while listening to GRAND FUNK RAILROAD LIVE from 1969 here is another 5 live albums that are worth considering?.

1.Focus Live At The Rainbow (the Rainbow theatre in 1973 or originally called the Finsbury Park Astoria in north London but nowadays it's a Muslim temple)
2.Grand Funk Railroad Live (from 1969)
3.Motorhead No Sleep Till Hammersmith (from 1980)
4.Judus Priest Unleashed In The East (from 1979)
5.Wishbone Ash Live Dates Two (from 1979-80 possibly not as good as Live Dates from 1973 but it's a ok listen although I haven't heard it now for about 30+ years??).
I nearly forgot to included Rainbow On Stage from 1976-77 which is unforgiveable on my part because I use to play this double-vinyl album ALL THE TIME back in the late 1970s and into the 1980s. About 10 years ago I also bought the double-cd 'deluxe cd version' of this album on Polydor records that features previously unreleased tracks from the same source as the tracks that were recorded on the original double-vinyl album such as Man On The Silver Mountain, Sixteenth Century Greensleeves, Mistreated, Catch The Rainbow & Still I'm Sad although still NO Stargazer which was a popular Rainbow fan favourite back in the late 1970s.

STATUS QUO

Reaction score
Yes I knew that Lydon liked the Cooper band, hence my pointing you towards looking it up.
As I recall, he performed an Alice track for his Pistols audition.

I don't need anybody to point me to look anything up mate.
Those Quotes I sent were for other people to see for General reading.

This topic about LIVE albums has got me thinking that there are hundreds of top quality music acts that haven't released a LIVE album, and probably never will.

The Spotify playlist I'm currently playing contains artists like, Squeeze, Wall of Voodoo, XTC, Talk Talk, Tears for Fears, Simple Minds, Gary Numan, World Party, Pretenders,
The The, Magazine, Gang of Four, Echo & The Bunnymen, The Waterboys, The Beat,
The Specials, The Stranglers, Killing Joke, Japan, Depeche Mode, The Human League, PIL, The Jam, The Fall, The Tubes, John Foxx, Blondie, New Order,
Elvis Costello & The Attractions, Sparks, The Damned, X-Ray Spex, The Cure, DEVO,
B-52s, John Cooper Clarke, Ian Dury & The Blockheads, Lene Lovich, The Go-Betweens, Laurie Anderson, David Bowie, The Church, Hunters & Collectors, Stan Ridgway, Young Marble Giants, The Ramones,
Brian Eno & David Byrne, Buzzcocks, Romeo Void, The Saints, Flamin' Groovies, MC5,
The Stooges, Joy Division, The Flying Lizards, Lou Reed, The Triffids, Husker Du, UB 40, The Motels, Machinations, The Passions, The Stone Roses, Snakefinger, The Residents, The Cars, Celibate Rifles, Lime Spiders, The Casanovas, Autohaze................
This is just a small sample of the music that I regard as quality music, there are thousands more....................

70sProgFan

Reaction score
Yes I knew that Lydon liked the Cooper band, hence my pointing you towards looking it up.
As I recall, he performed an Alice track for his Pistols audition.

I don't need anybody to point me to look anything up mate.
Those Quotes I sent were for other people to see for General reading.

This topic about LIVE albums has got me thinking that there are hundreds of top quality music acts that haven't released a LIVE album, and probably never will.

The Spotify playlist I'm currently playing contains artists like, Squeeze, Wall of Voodoo, XTC, Talk Talk, Tears for Fears, Simple Minds, Gary Numan, World Party, Pretenders,
The The, Magazine, Gang of Four, Echo & The Bunnymen, The Waterboys, The Beat,
The Specials, The Stranglers, Killing Joke, Japan, Depeche Mode, The Human League, PIL, The Jam, The Fall, The Tubes, John Foxx, Blondie, New Order,
Elvis Costello & The Attractions, Sparks, The Damned, X-Ray Spex, The Cure, DEVO,
B-52s, John Cooper Clarke, Ian Dury & The Blockheads, Lene Lovich, The Go-Betweens, Laurie Anderson, David Bowie, The Church, Hunters & Collectors, Stan Ridgway, Young Marble Giants, The Ramones,
Brian Eno & David Byrne, Buzzcocks, Romeo Void, The Saints, Flamin' Groovies, MC5,
The Stooges, Joy Division, The Flying Lizards, Lou Reed, The Triffids, Husker Du, UB 40, The Motels, Machinations, The Passions, The Stone Roses, Snakefinger, The Residents, The Cars, Celibate Rifles, Lime Spiders, The Casanovas, Autohaze................
This is just a small sample of the music that I regard as quality music, there are thousands more....................

Happy to hear your thoughts but you come across as overly aggressive.
No need for that.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online