The Who (Official Thread)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
The title track is one of my favorite Keith Moon drumming performances along with "My Generation" and "Won't Get Fooled Again".Whenever I see the cover,I can't help but take notice of the prophetically eerie "Not To Be Taken Away" marker in front of Keith Moon that made its appearance just weeks before his untimely passing.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
The title track is one of my favorite Keith Moon drumming performances along with "My Generation" and "Won't Get Fooled Again".Whenever I see the cover,I can't help but take notice of the prophetically eerie "Not To Be Taken Away" marker in front of Keith Moon that made its appearance just weeks before his untimely passing.

One of the things that ended up making this cover a real classic

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
One of the things that ended up making this cover a real classic

Another thing about that cover that I think of now is all that gear is what made "The Who" the loudest rock band in the world back in the 70's, they were pioneering the modern stage and equipment needed to make a rock concert a visceral experience. As a result of playing all those shows, when Pete Townshend started suffering from acute tinnitus it was not surprise, now he's almost completely deaf in one ear and can barely hear in the other when he plays it's from memory now more than what feedback he's listening to.

Picked up a new vinyl pressing of their classic "Who's Next" a month ago, sounds brilliant.:bow:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Another thing about that cover that I think of now is all that gear is what made "The Who" the loudest rock band in the world back in the 70's, they were pioneering the modern stage and equipment needed to make a rock concert a visceral experience. As a result of playing all those shows, when Pete Townshend started suffering from acute tinnitus it was not surprise, now he's almost completely deaf in one ear and can barely hear in the other when he plays it's from memory now more than what feedback he's listening to.

Picked up a new vinyl pressing of their classic "Who's Next" a month ago, sounds brilliant.:bow:

:bow: :bow: :bow:

The Who’s ‘Tommy’ Getting ‘Super Deluxe’ Upgrade

Soure Link

who-Evening-Standard-Hulton.jpg

Even Tommy will shout for joy over the latest bit of news from the Who: The band’s classic 1969 album ‘Tommy’ will be released in a ‘Super Deluxe Edition.’

Details are kinda thin right now; there’s not even a release date yet. A banner appeared on the band’s Facebook page today announcing the collection. What little information is known seems to indicate that ‘Tommy’ will receive a facelift similar to the one the Who gave their other rock opera, ‘Quadrophenia,’ in 2011.

Specifically, the set will include the original studio album, unreleased demos and outtakes, unreleased 1969 tour recordings and the original album remastered in 5.1 surround sound. Plus, there will be various memorabilia from the era.

We’ll update you when more information becomes available.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Sounds good, watched Quadrophenia the other night and it still is a classic, the music certainly helps and when you crank it up it's better.

Teenage Wasteland

The Real Me

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Just give me a new 180 gram vinyl edition please and thank you...with no outtakes or bonus tracks.:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online