The most important member of Led Zeppelin?

The most important member of Led Zeppelin?

• Robert Plant

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Jimmy Page

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • John Bonham

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • John Paul Jones

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • FAIL! I can't decide and think they're all about equal, woe is me...

Votes: 35 34.0%

• Total voters

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I'll be honest, over the past couple of years, it's made me dislike him a LOT.

The stuff that Page still does within and around the Zeppelin years is cool. Doing shows with the Black Crowes doing mostly Zepp tunes is cool as hell. From what I last read about Plant, he doesn't even do hardly any Zeppelin tunes in concerts over the past 10+ years. Don Henley was that way in the late 80's (or early 90's) as well. He'd do 3 Eagles tunes and that was IT. The rest was his solo stuff.

Yeah, we KNOW who you are because of your solo shit, you dipshit, ego-maniac. :rolleyes:

Anyway ... /end_rant

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I consider them all equally important as band members, I don't think I can say for sure who is more important because they have different roles in the band.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Jimmy Page. Plus he is overseeing all the remasters and releases etc
I have to add that Page IS the caretaker of the band's legacy plus it was his baby to begin with. As for importance within the group's overall dynamics? As the old saying goes "the sum is greater than the parts" to answer the question again.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I HAVE FAILED! The band felt that Bonzo was so important that when he passed away they broke up the band. When Page and Plant worked together in the 90s it couldn't be called a reunion because Jones wasn't involved. After the one-off concert a couple of years ago there was talk of a reunion tour. When Plant passed, those talks ended. And there simply wouldn't be a Led Zeppelin without Page. Each was equal and essential.:grinthumb

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
I think it took all of them to make that unique and unforgettable sound that Rocked The World!

:bow: Gods Of Thunder!

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
That's because he's the only one truly still connected with Zeppelin and still seems to embrace the zeppelin era of his life, something that Plant seems to like to pretend never happened (at least his actions make it seem that way)

Robert Plant has been a solo artist for years now, he's carved out a career with bands like Strange Sensations, Band of Joy, and had massive success with Allison Krauss.

I guess he's been doing it so long now, he feels that Zeppelin gave him the 'leg up' and that he's done just fine keeping himself afloat with each solo album.

He does do Zeppelin material, but it's usually been re-worked. He does an interesting [in a good way] version of Black Dog these days.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.