"The door is always open for Steve Perry to join us on stage"-Neil Schon

Hardnecker

Reaction score
^^It probably won't happen, especially if Steve can't perform at the high levels he used to.

While I agree a vocalist is usually the signature sound of a band, in this case I think Neal Schon is the most famous member of Journey, he was there Before Perry and kept the band going after their split.

Better to be forgiving and leave the door open than be mean spirited and nurture an old grudge indefinitely.

Well put!

Rockperson

Reaction score
I think Steve perry has been recording songs for an album that is yet to have any release date.

From recent pics I`ve seen he looks healthy.

After his solo album in 1994 (For The Love Of Strange Medicine) and Journey`s reformation in 1996 (Trial By Fire), you can hear that his voice had changed maybe even deteriorated, I`m certain he could never sing the Journey songs at the level he did before, I`m guessing that Arnel Pineda sings those songs better than Perry or anyone else can nowadays.

Maybe he is reluctant to sing publicly knowing his once wonderful voice is no more??

One of my favourite vocalists ever :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I either read the same thing in the forum or somewhere else RP, that Perry can't sing like he used to, if so that could explain why he's been quiet for so long.

No matter what the new Journey album is very good, and Pineda is a great fit for the band.

ANF

Reaction score
I think Steve's saved his money well and there's always the continuing $$$ rolling in from catalog sales that Steve is probably very comfortable and doesn't feel the need to perform anymore if he doesn't think he can give it his all.

Fever

Reaction score
I just read where Steve Perry sings background on a song by an artist called Cassidy.Her new project is Boheme. She was the front woman for the band Antigone Rising.Her album is called Follow The Freedom
Link to her site
Bohème

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Roughly translated, Schon's comments tell us what we already know. That he'd love to have Perry on stage to help lure in more fans to the live venues for a better payday.

Hardnecker

Reaction score
Schon has never been about the money. He's a monster musician. When they brought Perry in, the record company was pushing them to write more radio friendly material. They had a nice balance for a while until they got too poppy. Journey is HIS band. He co-wrote most of the songs from all the era's. I don't fault him one bit for carrying on the music. Perry got hurt and lazy yet people blame Neal. They have chosen vocalists that represent their sound. Barry White would sound a little out of place fronting Journey. Since the late 70's, Journey has made more than enough money. Schon has been a part of successful ventures outside of Journey as well. Neal Schon has always been music first.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Schon has never been about the money. He's a monster musician. When they brought Perry in, the record company was pushing them to write more radio friendly material. They had a nice balance for a while until they got too poppy. Journey is HIS band. He co-wrote most of the songs from all the era's. I don't fault him one bit for carrying on the music. Perry got hurt and lazy yet people blame Neal. They have chosen vocalists that represent their sound. Barry White would sound a little out of place fronting Journey. Since the late 70's, Journey has made more than enough money. Schon has been a part of successful ventures outside of Journey as well. Neal Schon has always been music first.

I agree about Neal's talents. IMO, history has shown he is Journey's most talented member as far as I'm concerned.

I think their work with Augeri and Pineda has been very good, so I see no need to go back to the Steve Perry well again.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online