The CRF's Greatest Guitarist Poll: Results #50-1

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Re: The CRF's Greatest Guitarist Poll: Results #50-11

Jimmy Page at #1! <winning>
See? I told you he'll take the top spot. :D
I'm very glad to see Tony and Ritche at 7 and 6.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

I honestly thought Jimi would take the top spot! :wtf:

This place has some good taste.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score

Well, I'll ruin Jen's confidence in our taste to say that I personally think Hendrix and Clapton are better than Page.

But that's why I wasn't the only one asked about this list, I guess :D

Well done on the list, not a bad guitarist on there, IMO.

Little bit surprised to see Satriani and Santana aren't there, but someone had to miss out I guess :heheh:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

Little bit surprised to see Satriani and Santana aren't there

Santana was replaced by Tommy Emmanuel. :wtf:

and that's a crime.

But over all....nice list! :grinthumb

No major complaints, other than Alex Lifeson doesn't belong in the top 10,imo...no way....fan boy votes.

Rush and Queen are the most overrated bands here at CRF2, as I see it. :)

Anyway....

* Very good job, Cosmic Harmony....thanks for your time and effort!! *

:clap:

:cheers2

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Thanks for all of the appreciation for putting this together everyone. I had to regain my throne as CRF's Biggest Workhorse after all (I wonder who else remembers that....:flirt).

Well, I'll ruin Jen's confidence in our taste to say that I personally think Hendrix and Clapton are better than Page.

Little bit surprised to see Satriani and Santana aren't there, but someone had to miss out I guess :heheh:

As far as the top 5 guitars go I'd rather take Eddie or David over anyone in the top three but that's just me too. :D

Actually, both Satch and Santana got a couple of votes each but they were all very low votes for point value so they only ended up with maybe....8 points each.

No major complaints, other than Alex Lifeson doesn't belong in the top 10,imo...no way....fan boy votes.

I wouldn't put Alex anywhere near my own top 10 but as far as skill goes he's easily one of the technically capable players on this list. Easily in the top 5 for that field along with Steve Vai and Eric Johnson for sure. I think that's what earned him such a high placing. :D

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Thanks for the hard work CH but I'm sorry Jimmy page as #1 guitarist is laughable. I really hope we aren't talking playing ability as compared to production and song structure. I get you can like and love Jimmy for those two areas but I'm sorry he isn't a top 50 technical guitarist in any way shape or form. I don't like to be negative as I'm a happy go lucky guy but that is my opinion and I can't image that I'm alone.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
^ Aktivator, I don't think Jimmy Page being voted #1 is laughable.

I think you are alone in your opinion, especially on a classic rock site....

I understand everyone doesn't have to believe Jimmy Page is the best, but he deserves some sort of respect as one of the best rock guitarists of one of the world's most famous rock bands of all time. Saying Page being voted #1 is ''laughable'' is ludicrous in itself.

Technical ability means nothing - it's all the about the end results. Although, I wouldn't call Jimmy Page technically unskilled - far from it.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
I'm not exactly a fan of Zeppelin, or Page's style of playing, but I'm still going to have to agree with Groovy.

Who cares about technical ability? We're talking about art here. It's not about proficiency, it's about soul. And Page has got a whole lotta that.

By the way, this is a great list we got here. Huge kudos to Cosmic.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Staff online

Members online