The Craziest Person In Music?

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Phil Spector is definitely madder than a hatter and among the very craziest jerks in rock.

:bonk:
:cheers2:grinthumb

tomcat :He freaked John Lennon out too. I think he was shooting a gun into the ceiling when they were working on Lennon's album.

Yes, That was a horrible relationship for John ! Phil was a few fries short of a Happy Meal !

Buff

~going mobile~
Reaction score
Yep Uncle Ted's a certified Nutjob lol

How about Mr Keith Moon ?

Nuttin more looney tooney than the Moonie:oyea:

Watch him in action lol:cheers2

Um, yea, as a die hard Who fan Keith gets my vote as well. Morrison was out there a bit too.

MusicMistress

Reaction score
I thought I was the craziest person, but all the people listed here are not crazy, they are certified insane.

GG, Varg, Manson *charlie not marilyn*, Spector....

I think they sniffed too much glue as wee tads, maybe.

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
Throughout history, there exists a fine line between genius and insanity.

Attachments

• ps head.jpg
    ps head.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 27

MusicMistress

Reaction score
you are so right, Odysseus. Some of the finest artists and geniuses in history have been said to be insane.

Drifter

Reaction score
None of those compares to this guy except LGs:

GG Allin
gg-allin1.jpg

I have the unfortunate distinction of knowing that this psycho was born in the town next to my hometown and is currently buried in my current town. You'd be surprised how many people come to visit his grave and worse here. I've never even thought about it myself.

Anyway, here's some GG Allin facts:

-Born Jesus Christ Allin because his father a devout Christian said Jesus visited him and told him to name his son would be a Messiah!!! (that'll screw you upright there)
-Heroin addict and alcohol addict who barely ever bathed and would take laxatives before going on stage because defecation was a crucial element of his act.
-Another regular staple of his shows was suicide threats and he even set a date to do it on stage but jail stopped him!
-Openly admitted to having breaking an entering, robbing and mugging.
-Was arrested for ****** and torturing a female which involved burning, cutting and drinking blood.
-Eventually died of heroin and buried *ugh* in my current town where there were implicit demands by his brother not to wash the corpse which resembled the smell of feces. Also he was buried with a bottle of Jim Bean next to him. Fans now in tribute :wtf: come and trash his grave with cigareete butts, urine, alcohol and feces! :bonk:

I don't know! I think that guy was crrrrrraaaaaazzzzyyyy!!!! :bonk:

This isn't something I'd like to brag about but I actually saw GG live during the late 80's. At the time I had never heard of him but there was a rumor he and his band (not the Murder Junkies, I forgot which band) were going to make a 'surprise' appearance at a local punk club. A few friends of mine who were into hardcore talked him into going and he did indeed show up. Unfortunately, I don't have any crazy stories to share. He pulled his briefs down a couple of times and wandered into the crowd a couple of times and took half-hearted swings at people but other than that, it was almost just a routine hardcore show. It was over almost as soon as it started. I don't think it lasted 20 minutes.

I always had a suspicion that a great deal of his stage show was an act. Don't get me wrong, no normal person would do the things he's done but I think more the most part, he knew exactly what he was doing. He had to come up with a gimmick to stand out from the hundreds of other hardcore bands so he became this rock and roll outlaw. His main problem was drugs and booze and trying to live up to his image. No matter what your feelings were to the man, his music was without exception, pretty awful. Even his earlier stuff with the Jabbers, the group that his fans like to claim showed his real talent, wasn't all that good.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
No matter what your feelings were to the man, his music was without exception, pretty awful. Even his earlier stuff with the Jabbers, the group that his fans like to claim showed his real talent, wasn't all that good.

Can't agree with you there. Nor do I think the Jabbers represents his best work. If you want to call his music bad because of the lyrical content then I just don't think that's fair. If you want to call it bad because of how amateurish it is, then that's something I can completely understand. But that's exactly what I like about his punk rock songs. There are a few of them that rise to the level of "apt enough to have been on somebody else's record" but the majority of it is noticably amateur and I love it because of that. I mean, c'mon, that's what punk rock is about. I like the idea of listening to an artist who isn't any more skilled than I am but still has something to say. Plus I adore how straight-forward and overt GG is because I get violently ill trying to wade through all the artists who hide behind vague impressionism and never give a genuine concept their entire career.

In my view GG's best work, hands down, is his acoustic/country music. When he starts playing that stuff, all of a sudden his more articulate, more lyrical, and he even sings better. Almost seems like he intends for his punk rock to be amateur (imagine that).

This first track here is what I would call the best "sad bastard" song of all-time. Like or hate the content it's a pretty depressing and flawless interpretation of GG's antisocial life and/or image. And this next track just kicks total balls, sounds like The Stones during their best run. He has a whole record of clean tracks like that, including an immaculate performance of Warren Zevon's Carmelita. Plus this last track sounds like some real Hank Williams shiz.

Of course I in no way, shape or form intend to change **your** mind about GG. I just needed to get my two cents in as GG is one of my favorite artists of all-time.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Lots of goofy people in this thread, but none is more F'd up than GG ALLIN. The guy LG listed ranks up there as well.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online