That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
from classicrockrevisited.com

RONNIE WOOD I FEEL LIKE PLAYING ~His First New Solo Album Since 2001~

~September 28, 2010~ ~New Single “Lucky Man” Impacting Radio September 14~

New York, NY (August 23, 2010)– On September 28, Eagle Records will proudly release Ronnie Wood’s 7th studio album I Feel Like Playing. [MSRP $13.98]

Featuring twelve brand new cuts, written specially for this release, I Feel Like Playing takes its name [and cover] from one of Ronnie’s most vibrant recent artworks. The color and verve of the artwork is equally reflected in the swagger and roll of the music on the album. Solo work has always co-existed alongside Ronnie’s band commitments and I Feel Like Playing is, he feels, his best album yet. Many of the friends made along the course of an incredible career contributed to the album; guests include luminaries such as Slash, Flea, Eddie Vedder, Billy F Gibbons, Kris Kristofferson, Bobby Womack, Ian McLagan and more.

Ronnie Wood needs no introduction to any fan of British rock music. Starting his career with The Birds and then Creation, it was when Ronnie joined the Jeff Beck Group that he truly started to stamp his identity on the music world. After that group split, Ronnie – along with Rod Stewart - joined up with ex-Small Faces Ronnie Lane, Ian McLagan and Kenney Jones in The Faces. While Ronnie [and Rod] moved on after a couple of years, The Faces are viewed by all rock fans as a truly classic band; and in fact they perform a handful of dates in 2010 with Mick Hucknall on vocals. After the release of his first solo album, Ronnie was invited to join the Rolling Stones - in 1975 – and remains with them to this day.

Rightly revered for his time with The Faces, Jeff Beck Group and of course The Stones, Ronnie Wood has continued to chart his own course and his output of both high quality music and art has been a constant. I Feel Like Playing is a great addition to his catalogue and all lovers of true British creative mavericks will find much to admire.

Track Listing:
1.) A Thing Like That
2.) Sweetness
3.) Lucky Man
4.) I Gotta See
5.) Thing About You
6.) Catch You
7.) Spoonful
8.) I Don’t Think So
9.) 100%
10.) Fancy Pants
11.) Tell Me Something
12.) Forever

album_cover%20ron%20wood%202010.jpg

rtbuck

Reaction score
Thanks a million!!! I'm a Ronnie Wood Freak. He's one of my favorite guitarists of all-time & I Have all of his solo albums. I also have his book that came out a couple of years ago. I always felt that he was a perfect fit in the Stones

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
The Faces played here recently though far away from where I live - but they got really good reviews. I've got a bunch of his solo stuff, I like it a lot.

guitar dude

Reaction score
Could be good, have never even looked at his solo stuff but it sounds cool, might have to dig further.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indomoraltales123

Members online