Rock's Most Overrated Songs

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Re: Rock's Most Overated Songs

As for other totally overblown, overrated, overpraised songs....

NUMBER 1 ... far and away, the single MOST overrated song ever would be:

Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone

A slew on non-sensical jibberish. I find it annoying from the first note to the last
Add to it, the song is about 5 minutes and 55 seconds too damn long. Ugh. Horrible,
terrible and the true-blue definition of "Overrated"!

Bonham'ssqueakypedal

Reaction score

Led Zeppelin-Kashmir So much more could have been done with it. It's certainly not bad but it's rather repetitive and doesn't really go anywhere. At least Stairway builds and has a nice flow to it. I read once that LZ actually got stuck playing this. It just goes round and round.

Elton John- Crocodile Rock Maybe if you are in the first grade it's a fun song but it's sort of insulting to my intelligence as is much of his stuff. Bennie and the Jets is annoying too.

Tom Petty- most of his stuff. I like a few of his songs but he just annoys me for some reason.

Bob Segar- Even worse than Tom Petty imo. If this guy wasn't a rock star he'd probably be a truck driver, drinking beer and shooting pool on the weekends and not much else.

Lynch

Reaction score

Bob Segar- Even worse than Tom Petty imo. If this guy wasn't a rock star he'd probably be a truck driver, drinking beer and shooting pool on the weekends and not much else.

Pretty sure that IS what Bob does when he's not touring. Well, maybe not the truck driver part, but the rest of it sound about exactly what I would expect him to do in his spare time.

:heheh:

Titokinz

Earthbound misfit
Reaction score

Whoever called Nirvana no talent hacks is gonna want to sleep with one eye open tonight. :flirt

Living on a Prayer. No doubt about it. I can't listen to it anymore.

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score

Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon. Blechh..never did understand the fascination.

Ramble On - Zep. Sure, shoot me now, but I never liked it much and they just keep playing it to death.

Bon Jovi - Livin on a Prayer. Ugh. Sure I hate this band, but I can understand why someone would like Dead or Alive or Runaway. This did not deserve to be on the radio a bazillion times since the 80's.

AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long. Love the band, never thought this particular number was anything special.

R.E.M - Losing my Religion. Way too long, repetitive, and just plain annoying, it seemed to take a decade for it to (sort of) go away.

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

You Shook Me All Night Long can go right at the top of the list of songs I find over rated.
I find Black Dog to be just as over rated an LZ song as Stairway even though I like both songs generally speaking.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

I was going to say You Shook Me All Night Long but didn't want you to be offended Riffy. :heheh:

Actually, it's sort of hard to post in this thread at all. I could add a lot of songs in here but don't want to offend anyone. "Tricky" is right. :uh:

Lynch

Reaction score

Go ahead and add something... if people get offended or take it personally, that's their problem. I'm sure there will be plenty of stuff listed from artists that I like, I don't care. Like LG said, as long as you are talking about the band and/or the song, you shouldn't be taking it personally.

Just dont be saying "YOU suck because YOU like this sucky song/band/album/etc"?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I was going to say You Shook Me All Night Long but didn't want you to be offended Riffy. :heheh:

Actually, it's sort of hard to post in this thread at all. I could add a lot of songs in here but don't want to offend anyone. "Tricky" is right. :uh:

I don't get offended over someone finding songs I love over rated, for the record I don't really like You Shook Me All Night Long that much. I think there is much better songs. :grinthumb

As far as being afraid to offend someone goes, I think if you like a song then what does it matter whether others find it over rated? It should not kill your love of that song. :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online