Posters on your wall?

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Do you like to put up posters? Do you have any posters of your favourite bands and artists up on your walls? Or even others like sportsmen and women? Please post pics if you like.

A sub-topic: As you grow older, do you find yourself losing interest in posters? Or should age have nothing to do with it?

I used to have 2 U2 posters, 1 R.E.M. poster, 1 of the Beatles and 1 of Floyd up on my bedroom wall. This was when I was still in college. Over the years, and especially after I relocated from the US to SA, I lost interest in putting those posters up again. I don't know. It felt a little bit as though I had outgrown them. :uh:

What do you all think?

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
I own two Pink Floyd posters - one is the the Dark Side Of The Moon album cover, the other is the Animals cover. I haven't quite got round to getting either of them up, I can't seem to find enough blu-tack to keep them on the wall.

A while back I also printed out the Coldplay Parachutes album cover - I just love the glowing orange globe, it's very homely - but it's much smaller than an actual poster.

When I was little I had a Thomas the Tank Engine poster with all the characters on it, later I had two Wallace & Gromit posters (one was just of the two of them together, the second was a double-sided poster with A Matter Of Loaf And Death on side and a Christmas poster on the reverse).

I think putting up posters is something people do tend to grow out of, I think it partly depends on what you choose to put up, putting up posters showing the band members is quite different from putting up album covers IMO (I think most people would be more likely to outgrow the former?).

As an aside MW, which eras were your posters from? Sometimes that can say almost as much as your choice of band (e.g. my Parachutes 'poster' represented my preference for Coldplay's early music over the modern recent material).

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I think putting up posters is something people do tend to grow out of, I think it partly depends on what you choose to put up, putting up posters showing the band members is quite different from putting up album covers IMO (I think most people would be more likely to outgrow the former?).

As an aside MW, which eras were your posters from? Sometimes that can say almost as much as your choice of band (e.g. my Parachutes 'poster' represented my preference for Coldplay's early music over the modern recent material).

That's a good point! :grinthumb Album covers, especially ones designed by Storm Thorgerson for Floyd, can still feel like an artsy thing to put up and not so much a fanboyish thing. :D

As for which eras my posters were from.... the 2 U2 ones were from the Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby eras (one was the JT album cover itself and the other was the band posing in typical clothing connected to the Achtung era... the leather, the funky hair styles et all). The R.E.M. one was very simple... the current band without Bill Berry posing for a photo. The Floyd one was actually very nice! It was that image of the tree which looks like the side profile of a man's face and all their album covers are superimposed into it. The Beatles one was outside the London Palladium or something from 1963... again a band pic. Out of those, only the Floyd one didn't have band members.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I have posters of Paul McCartney and famous racehorses on my wall. :blush:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I'm probably too old now for posters of rock stars, though I have a few sports team banners/pennants hanging on the wall of my 'den' .... but the kids have enough up in their bedrooms to compensate. When I was a spotty teen I used to have literally dozens of Roger Dean posters up on the wall, he's the guy who did all those amazing album covers for bands like Yes, Uriah Heep, Budgie, Asia...I even used to walk around school carrying the album covers of 'Tales from Topographic Oceans' and 'Close to the Edge' .... which is probably why I couldn't get a girlfriend until I was about 19 :uh:

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I even used to walk around school carrying the album covers of 'Tales from Topographic Oceans' and 'Close to the Edge' .... which is probably why I couldn't get a girlfriend until I was about 19 :uh:

:gig Oh man! I think all of us were like that in school, even college! :D

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
had my walls covered with pictures from magazines and posters back when I was in high school. Haven't had anything like that on my walls for at least 25+ years

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
had my walls covered with pictures from magazines and posters back when I was in high school. Haven't had anything like that on my walls for at least 25+ years

WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely.....

bacon-i-got-a-bacon-poster-1355270758.jpg

:)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online