Please help identify artist and song

Recky

Reaction score
I searched every lyric site i know for "Hold my head up, Hold my tears back " and absolutely nothing...I do love a mystery

raindog

Reaction score
Thanks very much. The people I'm asking for should have known that.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Agreed cool tune ! Thanks Paul for tracking it down.....now who is Danny Liston ??

rocknrollpestcontroll

Jammin On The Drums
Reaction score
yeah who is he? other than youtube, I cant find this guy on iTunes, or grooveshark the two places I regular use to listen to music:uh:

raindog

Reaction score
Danny Liston was a member of a 70s-90s St. Louis band called Mama's Pride. They were very popular here and I remember hearing that they toured with and opened for Lynyrd Skynyrd at one time. Danny's brother Pat is currently performing solo in the St. Louis area. Danny and Pat were the lead singers for Mama's Pride.

If you want to hear some of the best Mama's Pride songs, check out...

Blue Mist

Ole St. Lou

Maybe

Can I Call You A Cab

Last edited:

raindog

Reaction score
Also, Danny's music has never been released on CD so you would need to find a used album. Mama's Pride's two popular albums, self-titled (1975) and Uptown & Lowdown (1977) were eventually released on CD. The song "Maybe" was released as a single only (45 rpm), I think in 1980. They also had CDs titled Guard Your Heart (1992) and Rebirth (2004).

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online