Pink Floyd (Official Thread)

The Floyd

Hey You
Reaction score
Was listening through the Wall again about an hour ago again and just finished up Wish You Were Here (song, not the album).

I'm pretty sure about 25% of my phone's music is Pink Floyd...I know I have about 50 songs of theirs on there.

Speaking of the Wall, I had the pleasure of watching the movie for the first time about a week ago. Predictably, I loved it. Waters knows how to fill his work with emotion and intensity. What a rollercoaster ride. Also, I must admit, I kind of lost it after the whole scene with Pink in the park, then my favorite Floyd song, Goodbye Blue Sky coming in. Perfect, PERFECT timing by Waters.

CREAM'd

Reaction score
Was listening through the Wall again about an hour ago again and just finished up Wish You Were Here (song, not the album).

I'm pretty sure about 25% of my phone's music is Pink Floyd...I know I have about 50 songs of theirs on there.

Speaking of the Wall, I had the pleasure of watching the movie for the first time about a week ago. Predictably, I loved it. Waters knows how to fill his work with emotion and intensity. What a rollercoaster ride. Also, I must admit, I kind of lost it after the whole scene with Pink in the park, then my favorite Floyd song, Goodbye Blue Sky coming in. Perfect, PERFECT timing by Waters.

Welcome The Floyd. Have you heard The Wall Complete Demo Tracks?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Listening to A Saucerful of Secrets. I really like the song Corporal Clegg.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Nile Song is one I loved hearing the first time but more the second.

Up The Khyber is certainly an interesting tune.

Certainly having fun exploring the Floyd albums of their very early era. Makes me really fascinated about the transition they made into the 1970s albums.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
^^^If you're all about early Floyd I recommend you listen to The Man And The Journey. It's a suite of music made up from a few songs from More a few songs from Ummagumma a few from Saucerful and few they never recorded. Their first attempt a a "concept".

It was only played live for three months in 1969. Excellent stuff all around.
If you open the video in YouTube there's a track listing with times and notes.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
In my opinion, their run from 1973-1979 was one of the best in music history, if not the best...4 perfect/near perfect albums in Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, Animals, and the Wall.

Listening to Us and Them right now. Could listen to this band all day and never get tired of them.

I would include "Meddle" in their run of top notch albums and I'm with you about their fantastic run in the 70's.

I didn't care for the movie adaptation of "The Wall" though, we went to the theater when it came out and of course the music was great but the film itself didn't do much for any of us. I have watched it 3 or 4 times since then and still don't really enjoy it. I would rather watch a Roger Waters' concert performance of The Wall.;)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wouldn't say I am all about early Floyd I just have found myself loving those albums. As far as favourites go I go with WYWH and Animals.

The Floyd

Hey You
Reaction score
I would include "Meddle" in their run of top notch albums and I'm with you about their fantastic run in the 70's.

I'm more of an Obscured by Clouds fan, but yes, Meddle is a very good album. One of These Days is a favorite Floyd song of mine, and Fearless is great as well.

I didn't care for the movie adaptation of "The Wall" though, we went to the theater when it came out and of course the music was great but the film itself didn't do much for any of us. I have watched it 3 or 4 times since then and still don't really enjoy it. I would rather watch a Roger Waters' concert performance of The Wall.;)

Yeah, the movie isn't for everyone. I was hooked immediately, though, and it's probably one of my favorite movies of all time.

I wouldn't say I am all about early Floyd I just have found myself loving those albums. As far as favourites go I go with WYWH and Animals.

Yeah, I haven't really gotten into their earlier stuff as of yet. See Emily Play is probably my favorite pre-1971 song of theirs. I need to listen to Atom Heart Mother, Ummagumma, and The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, and Saucerful of Secrets a bit more thoroughly - or, in other words, their early works.

As for my favorites, I'll rank what I've listened to extensively as such:

Dark Side of the Moon
Animals
The Wall
Wish You Were Here
Obscured by Clouds
Meddle

The Wall is hard to rank. The good on that album is AMAZING (Hey You, Goodbye Blue Sky, Young Lust, Mother, Comfortably Numb, Another Brick in the Wall), but the rest is meh without the movie playing over it, IMO. With Dark Side of the Moon, EVERY song on it is a classic. It is a perfect album, and one of the greatest ever released.

zeppelin rocker

Ready to rock!
Reaction score
I'm more of an Obscured by Clouds fan, but yes, Meddle is a very good album. One of These Days is a favorite Floyd song of mine, and Fearless is great as well.

Yeah, the movie isn't for everyone. I was hooked immediately, though, and it's probably one of my favorite movies of all time.

Yeah, I haven't really gotten into their earlier stuff as of yet. See Emily Play is probably my favorite pre-1971 song of theirs. I need to listen to Atom Heart Mother, Ummagumma, and The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, and Saucerful of Secrets a bit more thoroughly - or, in other words, their early works.

As for my favorites, I'll rank what I've listened to extensively as such:

Dark Side of the Moon
Animals
The Wall
Wish You Were Here
Obscured by Clouds
Meddle

The Wall is hard to rank. The good on that album is AMAZING (Hey You, Goodbye Blue Sky, Young Lust, Mother, Comfortably Numb, Another Brick in the Wall), but the rest is meh without the movie playing over it, IMO. With Dark Side of the Moon, EVERY song on it is a classic. It is a perfect album, and one of the greatest ever released.

I would include Run Like Hell, great song for me :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebDimond

Members online