Pink Floyd (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Pink Floyd

LG,I have every Pink Floyd live show from 1972,including a (very short)Dark Side studio rehersal.The only shows that I have that aren't 1972 are Boston Gardens Ma 18 June 1975. Bytes Of The Talisman 3 October 1971,and Madison Square Garden 2 July 1977.

You are way ahead of me as well CREAM'd, I might have to take up Architect on the offer for some "samples" of the ones you both recommend. Seeing they are "bootlegs" I have no moral hangups taking them wherever they can be found.

:pirate:

:D

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score

LukeMC, I sent you a PM regarding your question. Mine didn't appear in the sent items either. So please let me know if you got it or not. If not I'll resend.:cheers2

Maybe that's a question for LG. Why does it not appear in your sent messages when you reply to a PM?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Open your "Edit Options" menu in your User CP and make sure all your Message settings are set properly. You can customize how you want them to work.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

I do what I can.:D

and Running Shoes, I don't think any of the boots from '77 are SBD. Most are audience recordings.
The best sounding show I've come across from 1977 is Sheep Independence Day July 4, 1977 Madison Square Garden.

[/B]
Yeah 7/4/77 is a good bootleg then again its also engrained in my head after all I was 10th row center at MSG on 7/4/77. :)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I do what I can.:D

and Running Shoes, I don't think any of the boots from '77 are SBD. Most are audience recordings.
The best sounding show I've come across from 1977 is Sheep Independence Day July 4, 1977 Madison Square Garden.

Also check out Pavillion de Paris, February 23, 1977 and Hurricane Floyd Hits Miami, April 22, 1977 for good SQ.

If anyone wants a good free source for Floyd boots just drop me a PM and i'll guide you in the right direction.

Definitely gonna check out Sheep Independence Day and my PM on it's way :grinthumb

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score

Yeah 7/4/77 is a good bootleg then again its also engrained in my head after all I was 10th row center at MSG on 7/4/77. :)

Just rub it in why dont'cha.:tongue: I was still in my mother's womb at that time. Albeit only for another month and a half!

CREAM'd

Reaction score

For good sound quality,this is the ''Floyd Boot'' to own,it's a soundboard,and the performance of each song is excellent
Pink Floyd Bytes Of The TalisMan.jpg
BYTES OF THE TALISMAN
Track listing:
1.Embryo
2.Green Is The Colour
3.Careful With That Axe Eugene
4.If
5.One Of These Days
6.Echoes

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I'll see if I can locate a copy, a good friend has provided me with an excellent source for Boots now.:D

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score

For good sound quality,this is the ''Floyd Boot'' to own,it's a soundboard,and the performance of each song is excellent
View attachment 5430
BYTES OF THE TALISMAN
Track listing:
1.Embryo
2.Green Is The Colour
3.Careful With That Axe Eugene
4.If
5.One Of These Days
6.Echoes

Yes that is a great one! :grinthumb

Recorded live at the Paris Theatre for BBC radio one. The Floyd did 2 BBC concerts in the early 70's. One in 1970 and one in 1971. Bytes... is a compilation of the two.

They also performed Fat Old Sun, Atom Heart Mother and a slow Blues number that they used to close their early shows with.

Pick up the Harvested release Pink Floyd BBC Archives for both complete shows.

CREAM'd

Reaction score

Yes that is a great one! :grinthumb

Recorded live at the Paris Theatre for BBC radio one. The Floyd did 2 BBC concerts in the early 70's. One in 1970 and one in 1971. Bytes... is a compilation of the two.

They also performed Fat Old Sun, Atom Heart Mother and a slow Blues number that they used to close their early shows with.

Pick up the Harvested release Pink Floyd BBC Archives for both complete shows.
I'm going to have to chase those shows up:)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EusebiaTat

Staff online