Pink Floyd (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Pink Floyd

Those are all pretty old Architect...I do happen to have One singular bootleg I stumbled across a couple of months ago. I have only listened to it once and it's from the post Water's line-up of the band.

I'll wait to see if CREAM'd posts his faves before I list the one I have.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score

Those are all pretty old Architect...I do happen to have One singular bootleg I stumbled across a couple of months ago. I have only listened to it once and it's from the post Water's line-up of the band.

I'll wait to see if CREAM'd posts his faves before I list the one I have.

Yeah they're old!! :DWhen it comes to live stuff I prefer pre DSOTM.

The sound quality on post 1974 boots is most times poor at best because that's when they started playing stadiums with 50,000 people rather than concert halls with 7,000 people. There's only a handful from after 1975 that I really like. And the band seems to have lost some of it's luster too during that time. Sometimes it just sounds as if they are just going through the motions.

I know you're a big Dark Side guy, do yourself a favor and pick up almost any live recording from 1972. They toured it for a year, tweaking it to get it right. It's pretty amazing to hear what it sounded like then and the major changes it went through to make it one of the biggest and best albums of all time.

The only post Waters recording I have besides Live 8 is For Whom the Bell Tolls, Jack Murphy Stadium, San Diego, CA, 1994-4-14 It was the first boot I ever bought.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

The Bootleg I picked up was a DAT recording of a show in Oakland, the sound quality is very good. Not my area of expertise really and sound quality is Hugely important to me, that is one reason I didn't really bother with Bootlegs very much.

Still, DSOTM is my favorite, so I'll keep an eye open for a '72 live boot.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score

Dark Side of The Rising Sun, Osaka, Japan 1972-3-13
Crackers Hollywood Bowl, CA 1972-9-22

These two are really good. SQ wise and performance too.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Thanks Architect, you are certainly well versed when it comes to Pink Floyd.:bow:

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score

Thanks Architect, you are certainly well versed when it comes to Pink Floyd.:bow:

I do what I can.:D

and Running Shoes, I don't think any of the boots from '77 are SBD. Most are audience recordings.
The best sounding show I've come across from 1977 is Sheep Independence Day July 4, 1977 Madison Square Garden.

Also check out Pavillion de Paris, February 23, 1977 and Hurricane Floyd Hits Miami, April 22, 1977 for good SQ.

If anyone wants a good free source for Floyd boots just drop me a PM and i'll guide you in the right direction.

CREAM'd

Reaction score

^^You and CREAM'd have got me curious now Architect.

You both should post all your PF bootlegs, if it's not too much trouble.

LG,I have every Pink Floyd live show from 1972,including a (very short)Dark Side studio rehersal.The only shows that I have that aren't 1972 are Boston Gardens Ma 18 June 1975. Bytes Of The Talisman 3 October 1971,and Madison Square Garden 2 July 1977.

Last edited:

CREAM'd

Reaction score

They did perform The Narrow Way as part of The Man and The Journey shows back in 1969 and they did Sysyphus live once or twice as well. Pick up Project Birmingham for Sysyphus and I also reccommend Complete Concertgebouw for The Narrow Way. For some reason, David's vocals are notoriously horrible on most live versions of the Narrow Way, but it's interesting to hear nonetheless.:)

Yes that is a good boot. My personal favorite from 1977 is the show just two days after that one, July 4, Madison Sq. Garden, Sheep Independece Day. Excellent sound quality!:grinthumb

Thanks Architect,you have been very helpful,i will check out that July 4th show.:cheers2

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online

No members online now.