Page v Blackmore

RedDevil

Reaction score
Who at their peak was the greater guitarist?

I've always felt Jimmy was a bit of a god but reassessing Blackmore both live and recording ...I'm angling towards Richie

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Well, I'm not saying that Blackmore is necessarily better than Page, a guitar god, but I will say that I enjoy Blackmore's work more so than that of Page's...

Blackmore.

RedDevil

Reaction score
Well, I'm not saying that Blackmore is necessarily better than Page, a guitar god, but I will say that I enjoy Blackmore's work more so than that of Page's...

Blackmore.

I have to agree really. Just been listening to his work with Rainbow, particularly those first couple of albums and his playing is nothing less than astonishing.
'Light In The Black,' with Carey,Bain and Powell providing a fantastic backing is especially great

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Blackmore for me. And I must agree with Ritchie's words on one of the interviews: Page is stronger as an arranger, but Blackmore is stronger as an instrumentalist.

Romulus

Reaction score
Ritchie for me simply enthralling and a great server to songs and riffs, but Page was iconic in songs like I am leaving you and Stairway to Heaven. Both from same ages and I think they met once in their early years.

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
I'd say Page just because I like his brand of blues based rock better.
But I'll grant that Richie Blackmore does some very original and singular leads while Pages stays more in the mold. Not a bad thing.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online