Ozzy Osbourne (Official Thread)

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
I've often wondered what Tony Iommi thought of Blizzard Of Ozz when he first heard it; as in "Holy crap, that rocks!" or something like that.

That first album had the evilest looking cover art I had ever seen... and I loved it!

....however, my favorite Ozzy solo album is Diary Of A Madman.

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Scream album so far is fantastic. I dont hear signs of bad production in this album. Absolute brilliance.

I actually rate Scream in my favourite albums, as do I Death Magnetic, the loudness is what I love.

Cannot believe I posted these. Having had enough time to digest Scream I think the album blows in the production way. Absolute stinker production and the loudness war can get ****ed. I did like the album initially but the production just wore thin and now I think its average at best.

Anyway a ballad I like is So Tired I just heard.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Personally, I that EVERYTHING on Bark at the Moon was outstanding. I just hope that whatever version you are listening to, it's the original production, and not that re-issued / re-mastered / bastardized version that was released during the 90's or early 00's. People complain about the remastered versions of the two Randy Roades albums and forget that Ozzy/Sharon did the same butcher job to Bark at the Moon as well.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Personally, I that EVERYTHING on Bark at the Moon was outstanding. I just hope that whatever version you are listening to, it's the original production, and not that re-issued / re-mastered / bastardized version that was released during the 90's or early 00's. People complain about the remastered versions of the two Randy Roades albums and forget that Ozzy/Sharon did the same butcher job to Bark at the Moon as well.

Yeah you gotta have the original and BATM is SENSATIONAL!!

Sharon Osbourne Shares Details of Ozzy’s Relapse

Sharon-and-Ozzy-Osbourne.jpg

Sharon Osbourne isn’t known for pulling any punches, and in her new memoir ‘Unbreakable,’ she offers readers an unflinching account of her reaction to Ozzy‘s recent relapse into drug and alcohol addiction.

Blabbermouth has posted a few small excerpts from that portion of the book, which reveals that Sharon discovered Ozzy’s relapse on their 30th anniversary, when she read text messages on his phone requesting that a supplier bring him drugs without tipping off “the old girl.” After she confronted him, Ozzy apparently left the country, at which point Sharon sold off his car collection, explaining that “There was no way I was going to risk him getting in one of them while he was drunk and hurting someone.”

But that was just the beginning of an epic row that erupted during a contentious meeting in Los Angeles, during which Sharon “snapped” and demanded roughly $162,000 a month in spousal support due to Ozzy’s “cocky and arrogant” behavior. She recalls him responding “Over my dead body,” at which point Sharon hurled a cup of coffee at his head. “Then I grabbed him and pulled at his precious hair with one hand, while trying to yank off his jewelry with the other,” she admitted. “He went for me, trying to grab me in a headlock.”

But once the dust settled — and Ozzy got sober again — the Osbournes found their way back together. Describing their first meeting after he completed his rehab program, she wrote, “It seemed like forever since I’d looked into my husband’s eyes, but now I was looking into sober eyes. The man I loved was present. I could tell he was relieved to be sitting next to me. I put my hand on his, took him in my arms and we cried.”

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
25 Years Ago

No Rest For The Wicked

61GIz24o1QL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

rtbuck

Reaction score
I've often wondered what Tony Iommi thought of Blizzard Of Ozz when he first heard it; as in "Holy crap, that rocks!" or something like that.

That first album had the evilest looking cover art I had ever seen... and I loved it!

....however, my favorite Ozzy solo album is Diary Of A Madman.

I often wondered that myself but Sabbath with Dio seemed to be doing well with the release of Heaven & Hell at the time plus they were on the Black & Blue tour with B.O.C. I know in my area Black & Blue came through & played a 17,000 arena where as when Ozzy came through on the Blizzard of Oz tour that year he played to a 3000 seat hall. I know by the time Bark at the Moon came out the tables had turned but I really don't believe Iommi felt threatened by the first Ozzy album.It was really Ozzy's publicity stunts that made average hard rock/metal fans really take notice of what a great band & album the Blizzard of Oz was. Personally, I was pretty blown away right from the start of the Blizzard of Oz album & definitely preferred it over the Dio Sabbath era but Heaven & Hell was (is) a great great album. I also feel Ozzy came out at the perfect time as the hard rock/metal scene was in need for a villain that was in the public eye as during those years we kind of lost Alice Cooper & Kiss. This is just the way I perceived things in my neck of the woods(I don't know how the rest of the country/world seen it).

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
31 Years ago this week (Nov 7, 1982), Ozzy's second album ... and last studio album with Randy Rhoads was released:

Diary of a Madman

Ozzy_Osbourne_Diary_of_a_Madman.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online