Ozzy Osbourne (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Depending on who they get I would definitely be interested in that concert. :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Yeah. Ultimately, when it comes to a Randy Rhoads tribute though it's going to be made or broken by the guitarists they choose for it.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I really think it's become IN to bag on Ozzy in the last decades in certain circles. Most of it due to the TV show The Osbournes becoming mainstream and peoples general dislike of Sharon.
I will agree that his musical output has declined in quality over the years but I really think a lot his work is written off and underrated because it isn't "cool" to like Ozzy these days.

Scream was IMO not good and I didn't purchase it. However I personally enjoy alot his post 80s output. Regardless of how a lot of people feel about Oz these days he will remain an original innovator and icon of heavy music and an icon in the music world.

That will be his legacy in my eyes not the fact that he married Sharon or that his kids are brats.

ozzy-osbourne-2010-11-01.jpg

Last edited:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^ Got to agree with Vader. Ozzy has nothing to prove to anyone IMO, he's been there done that and his image is on the T shirts. I don't care for his wife's attitude and the whole TV thing was just not for me. I tend to focus on what he laid down in the studio and the power of his music. His voice was part of my growing up and a force to be reckoned with.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
For me,Sharon Osbourne is an insufferable pseudo intellectual blabbermouth who hardly belongs in front of a camera.For anyone who might say "how can you label her as "pseudo intellectual" if she's been a successful manager for the great and powerful Oz,my response would simple be even intelligent people can be pseudo intellectuals by trying to come across as more intelligent that they really are.And yes,Sox,Oz certainly has nothing to prove and hasn't for decades.One of my favorite rock vocalists with an extremely potent style of original style,albeit a rather brash one.As a hard rock/heavy metal singer,he even managed to pull off the ballad "Changes" very well.This sort of range is hallmark of all the greats.Another great example here would be Mick Jagger,who sang both edgy numbers like "Monkey Man" and "Brown Sugar" as well as tender ballads such as "Angie" and "Ruby Tuesday" with overwhelmingly convincing passion as well as duteous deep conviction..........

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online