Cyndi Lauper (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Cyndi Lauper

Been a while since I posted in here...I have picked up her Greatest Hits compilation CD now, and Magic has Almost convinced me to get her Blues tribute album as well.

I might eventually get "She's So Unusual", I always prefer studio albums to hits packages generally, once I get to know the artist a little better.

15h03tc.jpg

20ur689.jpg

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

My favorite song by her has always been She Bop! Just fun/cool tune. The melody, the bass line (even if it is done on a keyboard) ;)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Been a while since I posted in here...I have picked up her Greatest Hits compilation CD now, and Magic has Almost convinced me to get her Blues tribute album as well.

I might eventually get "She's So Unusual", I always prefer studio albums to hits packages generally, once I get to know the artist a little better.

15h03tc.jpg

20ur689.jpg

LG that exact compilation is all I own by her. Good artist! I think Time After Time is the most covered song I've ever heard except for Yesterday by The Beatles. Never heard a bad cover of it though which is a tribute to the song itself that it can't be made into a bad song. :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^She does pull off Time After Time very well.

If memory serves, after she burst onto the music scene, she semi-retired and created her own fashion line of clothes...:think:

Nice to see her make a comeback, Magic just loved her Blues tribute album and the critics as well lauded it.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

Cyndi was (I daresay) like the Lady Gaga of her time. She was weird and edgy. :heheh:

Anyway, I've always absolutely loved the Phil Collins cover of True Colors. Brilliant.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Hah... well, that might be why. I pretty much tuned out as much pop music as possible from the mid 90's on forward. Bought what I had to for DJ'ing and skipped the rest. That's not a bad version though.

ANF

Reaction score

I wasn't crazy about her blues record (or her standards record either) but I respect the fact that Cyndi is at a point now where she seems to do just whatever she feels like doing instead of making the same type of music. She did her standards record, then she went acoustic, then she did a dance album (and before Gaga and everyone made dance music popular again) and now her most recent album is blues. She is a far more talented songwriter and musician than shes credited as.

ANF

Reaction score

Cyndi was (I daresay) like the Lady Gaga of her time. She was weird and edgy. :heheh:
I know a lot of people who say that Gaga is the new Madonna but I think Cyndi makes more sense, since Cyndi was "weirder" and more of the weird girl at the back of the classroom while Madonna was the Prom Queen. That says, Gaga isn't even a pimple on Cyndi.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online