Cyndi Lauper (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Cyndi Lauper

Hate to be cliche but I LOVE Time After Time and apparently so do many musicians as I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't in the top 5 covered songs of all time. Seriously, I'd probably break the character count in my post If I was to mention all the bands I know who have covered the song. With that song, not to leave out her other work either, behind the goofy 80's time warp image she still carries Cyndi is a GREAT pop songwriter. She knew what a great song was and she knew a lot of times they were the simplest songs that got stuck in peoples heads and connected to them.

All Through The Night

I like these both better than the other versions by Phil Collins and Celine Dion!

True Colors

I Drove All Night

Who can hate a Goonies song? The whole thing is epically cheesy!!!!! :heheh:

Goonies R' Good Enough

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

Hate to be cliche but I LOVE Time After Time and apparently so do many musicians as I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't in the top 5 covered songs of all time. Seriously, I'd probably break the character count in my post If I was to mention all the bands I know who have covered the song. With that song, not to leave out her other work either, behind the goofy 80's time warp image she still carries Cyndi is a GREAT pop songwriter. She knew what a great song was and she knew a lot of times they were the simplest songs that got stuck in peoples heads and connected to them.

All Through The Night

I like these both better than the other versions by Phil Collins and Celine Dion!

True Colors

I Drove All Night

Who can hate a Goonies song? The whole thing is epically cheesy!!!!! :heheh:

Goonies R' Good Enough

TIME AFTER TIME -is a true classic :cheers2

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score

I love True Colours, the original in particular (but yes, Phil Collin's is alright as well).

Probably the only Cyndi song I really enjoy though, so that's my contribution to the thread done :heheh:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

Cyndi is stunning. Don't have much of her music but my favorite of her's would probably be Hat Full of Stars.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Cyndi Lauper and Jonny Lang

Outstanding video! Cyndi can belt those blues........

I use to confuse Cyndi with Bonnie Tyler....they sound strikingly alike.

Cyndi before her solo career:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I love her tribute to John Lennon here.

Strawberry Fields Forever in Central Park.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

I'm so glad someone made a thread for Cyndi, and the Madonna comparison is spot on. I love her stuff. In my quest to find the ultimate 80's cheese, Cyndi sits atop the throne. Thanks MP. :grinthumb

Here's one of my favorites from She's So Unusual, which I purchased a couple weeks back. (the video is weird, but I am having a hard time finding a studio version, so whatever)

I'll never forget when Romy and Michelle danced to Time After Time. :oyea:

My favorite of hers has to be She Bop, even though it's about a questionable subject. ;)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online