Alanis Morissette (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I heard this on the radio the other day on the way home. It's her new single "Guardian". I believe she also performed this on Dancing With the Stars. Apparently that's what all the cool artists are doing these days. Anywho, it took me a little bit to get into this song, but I like it now! The intro would lead you to believe it would be hard chick rock which is sort of what is expected from her but the song in its entirety is a bit different from that...

Guardian

New albums titled Havoc and Bright Lights coming in August.

It's...alright. I'll probably get it just because it's Alanis but this song doesn't knock my socks off or anything.

b.o.b.

Reaction score
alanis-morissette-havoc-and-bright-light.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Getting the new CD today....looking forward to it. Hope it's good!!!!

:grinthumb

I'm kind of meh about it! I'm not sure exactly when Alanis jumped the shark but I find a lot of her material weak. Alanis is a singer that needs really good music and a littlke edge to her music as her voice is pretty weak and not enough to support a bunch of lighthearted beats and this album is very poppy and beat heavy. She doesn't have the vocal range to add beauty to the positive happy music she seems to want to make. She was good when she played the jilted angry woman or even the spiritual experimental route. She's gotten dull to me at this point though and almost Dido pulse atr this point. :tongue: Anyway this is the only real standout track to me from the album:

Celebrity

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I really enjoyed it!!! She could have cut a few songs and shortened it, but all in all I really like it. One of my favorites.

Empathy

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online