new coming bands vs old classic bands

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Good for u and can we stop with the lady gaga as all examples of modern music it's like stating last dance, tie a yellow ribbon and YMCA as the only music of the 70s.

Lady Gaga, Radiohead,...it's all the same....

Waaaaay more good rock in the in the 70's than in the 00's....that's for sure...

not even close. Not a debate.

Plus, Akivator,hightea....we been through this on the other forum (that's dead...lol)

You like new music - I don't, for the most part....so, let's leave it there...no biggie. :)

:cheers2

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I'm not sure that I agree with this statement. There's very little talk of soul music or 60's era r&b here. 50's rock and roll isn't discussed much. It's not like these genres are opera or something almost totally removed from classic rock.

I think there's relatively little diversity.

:/ Little diversity or no, it's a heeeeeeeeck of a lot more diverse than any other board I've gone to. And I'm Gen Y, I've been going on boards religiously since I was 12. x)

Also (unrelated) I don't think this thread should be used to reiterate the discussion in that CLOSED thread. I mean that's why it was closed, no? :p

oscar gamble

Do The 45
Reaction score
:/ Little diversity or no, it's a heeeeeeeeck of a lot more diverse than any other board I've gone to. And I'm Gen Y, I've been going on boards religiously since I was 12. x)

There is a UK based classic rock board that is considerably more diverse, imo.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
There is a UK based classic rock board that is considerably more diverse, imo.

Than go to that board if you think it's more diverse. We are happy the way we are, and we are happy with the threads we have here, if you don't like it, you don't have to stay and complain about it.

oscar gamble

Do The 45
Reaction score
Than go to that board if you think it's more diverse. We are happy the way we are, and we are happy with the threads we have here, if you don't like it, you don't have to stay and complain about it.

Here we go with this stuff. It didn't take long.

I was only responding to the previous post. I think there are other classic rock boards (or at least one) that are more diverse than this. I was stating it matter of factly, not as some kind of indictment.

That other board probably has less talk about bands like Journey, Styx and the like but considerably more about soul, garage rock, punk rock, 50's rock, 80's alternative, etc. I mentioned mostly in case the previous poster wanted to check it out.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Here we go with this stuff. It didn't take long.

I was only responding to the previous post. I think there are other classic rock boards (or at least one) that are more diverse than this. I was stating it matter of factly, not as some kind of indictment.

That other board probably has less talk about bands like Journey, Styx and the like but considerably more about soul, garage rock, punk rock, 50's rock, 80's alternative, etc. I mentioned mostly in case the previous poster wanted to check it out.

It just came off different to me is all. It's impossible to tell what people mean through text. Wasn't meant to be a direct insult or anything of that sort. Was only writing it out from what I felt from the text on the screen.

Obviously, I made the wrong assumption. But I do understand what you were trying to say now.

oscar gamble

Do The 45
Reaction score
It just came off different to me is all. It's impossible to tell what people mean through text. Wasn't meant to be a direct insult or anything of that sort. Was only writing it out from what I felt from the text on the screen.

Obviously, I made the wrong assumption. But I do understand what you were trying to say now.

No problem.

By the way, diversity is only of value to me, so long as it creates more discussion that interests me. I don't mean to insinuate that it's always a good thing.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online