new coming bands vs old classic bands

oscar gamble

Do The 45
Reaction score
It is amazing how diverse we are on this forum.

I'm not sure that I agree with this statement. There's very little talk of soul music or 60's era r&b here. 50's rock and roll isn't discussed much. It's not like these genres are opera or something almost totally removed from classic rock.

I think there's relatively little diversity.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There is plenty of diverse threads that exist........feel free to bump them. OR here is an idea, you can start new threads!

oscar gamble

Do The 45
Reaction score
There is plenty of diverse threads that exist........feel free to bump them. OR here is an idea, you can start new threads!

Hey, I started a blog here already. I think you're the only one who looks at it though.

Maybe I'll try to start a thread or two also. The fact that I would have to start threads or resurrect old ones sort of proves my point though.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey, I started a blog here already. I think you're the only one who looks at it though.

Maybe I'll try to start a thread or two also. The fact that I would have to start threads or resurrect old ones sort of proves my point though.

Naw, it just shows that there isn't anything NEW to add to what has already been said in those old threads. Most of the bands/artists from the 50's are either deceased or retired....which leaves very little to add to the threads except praises of respect. But since you are new here, you can add your comments to old threads.

Or if you feel there is a band/artist that is not represented yet on the forum, start a thread for them.

FireandWater

Family Man
Reaction score
I'm not sure that I agree with this statement. There's very little talk of soul music or 60's era r&b here. 50's rock and roll isn't discussed much. It's not like these genres are opera or something almost totally removed from classic rock.

Just because people don't talk about it doesn't mean they don't love or like it. I am a big fan of 50's rock and even some doo wop. I hardly ever talk about it but I still jam out to some Jerry Lee Lewis every once in a while.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Reason there isn't a lot of talk about soul / 60's / r&b is because there aren't enough fans of the genres to talk about it. You seem to enjoy it quite a bit, and if you start threads, i'll definitely take a look at them and possibly find something I like. As for diversity, this is probably the most diverse forum i've been on, and i've been on quite a few forums. We range from classic rock to modern rock, and everything in between depending on the fan base we have here. Fans of genres that don't get talked too much around here are always more than welcome to open threads for those genres.

I look at your blog. I may not comment on it, but I look at it.

And I don't really understand your logic. The point of a forum is to start threads and have a good time in those threads. Also, I don't know if i'm speaking for other people, but bumping threads is actually extremely helpful in terms of seeing the threads, because there are times where i'll forget to check out a thread that was for an artist that I could potentially like. Bumping those threads helps me see them and check them out. I do that with my threads as well. Bumping is a natural forum thing.

oscar gamble

Do The 45
Reaction score
Just because people don't talk about it doesn't mean they don't love or like it.

True, I'm merely commenting on what's discussed here.

I am a big fan of 50's rock and even some doo wop. I hardly ever talk about it but I still jam out to some Jerry Lee Lewis every once in a while.

Anyone who jams out to JLL is okay in my book.

oscar gamble

Do The 45
Reaction score
Naw, it just shows that there isn't anything NEW to add to what has already been said in those old threads. Most of the bands/artists from the 50's are either deceased or retired....which leaves very little to add to the threads except praises of respect. But since you are new here, you can add your comments to old threads.

Or if you feel there is a band/artist that is not represented yet on the forum, start a thread for them.

The nice thing about this forum is that it's very convenient to add youtube videos to any post. That helps in starting new threads.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
And millions of people listen to Lady GaGA...so, what does that mean?:heheh:

Don't feel sorry for me, I listen of tons of music from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's.

I have around 8,000 CD's....so, nothing gets boring.

I couldn't even listen to 8,000 CDs in one year!

I''ve dove deep into the classic rock era and I'm doing fine!. :)
Good for u and can we stop with the lady gaga as all examples of modern music it's like stating last dance, tie a yellow ribbon and YMCA as the only music of the 70s.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Good for u and can we stop with the lady gaga as all examples of modern music it's like stating last dance, tie a yellow ribbon and YMCA as the only music of the 70s.

I agree with this whole heartedly. Basing an opinion on modern music with one artist is not a good way to form an opinion about an entire music base. Modern music is great, I feel almost pointless posting this because i'm just repeating myself.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online