Montrose / Gamma (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I share your enthusiasm with the 1st and 2nd GAMMA albums Musik guy.....pure quality !:bow:
Is there anyone out there who owns a copy of GAMMA 4 ? if so...whats it like?

muzik_guy

Certified Music Geek
Reaction score
I share your enthusiasm with the 1st and 2nd GAMMA albums Musik guy.....pure quality !:bow:
Is there anyone out there who owns a copy of GAMMA 4 ? if so...whats it like?

I have the album & it's nothing like the first three. There's only maybe two tracks that even remotely recall the original sound, the rest is very MOR including some horn driven stuff. A disappointment for anyone expecting the trademark fretwork & cool keyboards of the old Gamma.

matsellah

Chicago Boy
Reaction score
Montrose debut might be my #2 all-time favorite LP. I remember being floored when first hearing the guitar work on that thing. It was without doubt crucial to me becoming a hard rock fanatic. Funny thing is, despite the guitar being the primary factor in this band's sound, I wound up being a bigger fan of Hagar.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Got their first LP (Montrose), the opinions I read so far that it is quite heavy album.

Looks like I need to spin it on Sunday.

matsellah

Chicago Boy
Reaction score
It's an enigma; most people aren't quick to put much stock in Ronnie Montrose's influence on the modern guitarist, but read interviews with some of the biggest names in rock and metal today and they'll mention him. Put together a list of those who are famous for slinging a low-slung Les Paul and he's there. His tone is amazing.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
R.I.P Ronnie Montrose.....a truly loved influential musician who rocked the world with his dynamic guitar playing . MONTROSE and GAMMA were great bands and we will NEVER forget them. Ronnie wont be alone on his solitary desert island but jamming with other legendary rock gods....in heaven. God bless him :bow::bow::bow: :rip:

montrose2.jpg

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Heres Ronnie jamming with another guitar legend Brad Whitford. Great footage !! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I got the first Gamma album at my used vinyl shop a few months ago, he has all of them in good condition. After reading Muzicguy`s post about the 4th one I`ll pass on it, but the other 3 should end up in the library.

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
I know a little late. But R.I.P. Ronnie. One of my favourite Guitar players. Seen Montrose in 2010. They put on great show. Love all his music. Montrose,Gamma,& the solo albums

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online