Montrose / Gamma (Official Thread)

Peacheater

Reaction score
Re: The official Montrose /Gamma thread

My Faves...RONMON, Glenn, whom I shall see in June with BCC, Pattison, Trower! What a surprise I got when I saw Trower for the Passion tour and didn't even know at the time that lil Davey was singing for him(saw the GAMMA1 and 2 tour), but I don't think Pattison sang for Gamma on the #2 tour??, opening for AC/DC BIB, weird combo. Also saw the Mean tour with Bob James on vox in a small club. At that same club, I saw Trower "open" for Derek St. Holmes, Dereks bus was stuck in Buffalo snow and he made it to Rochester at 1 am. There were 5, yes 5 people that stuck around. OK I'll shut up now:bow:

Peacheater

Reaction score

OK, one more thing..I have all the Gammas on cd including 2 live ones. And multiple copys of all the vinyls cuz I played em to death. I have Diva Station on cd that I have seen go for mucho$ on line:uh:

NOW I'll shut up and listen
vvvvvvv

Last edited by a moderator:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

I hadnt heard Maidens cover before Peacheater......a bonus track on the reissue of "piece of mind".......got to say its 1st class ! :cheers2

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score

A wonderfully emotive vocal from Paul Rod-erm, Davey Pattison on this one ;D

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score

I heard the S/T and "Warner Brothers Presents" alot as a kid in the mid 70's and then I got "Paper Money" in 1985 (better late than never). To me the real Montrose is the first 2 albums with Sammy, and that self titled is one of the greatest hard rock albums of all time. It was the perfect album for 1973, becoming the archetype for many hard rock bands for years to come.

Mr. T

Reaction score

Felt this thread needed a :bump:

A few more old favorites of mine...

Dancin' Feet

All I Need

I Got The Fire

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Ronnie Montrose tracks from some of his solo stuff , hats off to the guy hes a guitar god in my eyes .....check this out ! Breathtaking.. :grinthumb

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
He was a great guitarist, love the video for Zero G...unlike some critics I loved 2010 and thought is was a good follow up to 2001.

Anyway got lucky a while back and picked up a very nice audiophile CD of his massive Debut album.

muzik_guy

Certified Music Geek
Reaction score
Freaking love Gamma. That band should've been huge. The talent in that band, the wickedly inventive synth work, Ronnie's expressive playing, Pattison's classy voice & great songwriting...they had it all. Gamma 2 is just perfection.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlineclass

Staff online