1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Montrose / Gamma (Official Thread)

Discussion in '70's Music' started by LOU/REALM, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Peacheater

Peacheater Member

Re: The official Montrose /Gamma thread

My Faves...RONMON, Glenn, whom I shall see in June with BCC, Pattison, Trower! What a surprise I got when I saw Trower for the Passion tour and didn't even know at the time that lil Davey was singing for him(saw the GAMMA1 and 2 tour), but I don't think Pattison sang for Gamma on the #2 tour??, opening for AC/DC BIB, weird combo. Also saw the Mean tour with Bob James on vox in a small club. At that same club, I saw Trower "open" for Derek St. Holmes, Dereks bus was stuck in Buffalo snow and he made it to Rochester at 1 am. There were 5, yes 5 people that stuck around. OK I'll shut up now:bow:

2. Peacheater

Peacheater Member

OK, one more thing..I have all the Gammas on cd including 2 live ones. And multiple copys of all the vinyls cuz I played em to death. I have Diva Station on cd that I have seen go for mucho$ on line:uh:

NOW I'll shut up and listen
    vvvvvvv

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
  3. LOU/REALM

LOU/REALM Senior Member

I hadnt heard Maidens cover before Peacheater......a bonus track on the reissue of "piece of mind".......got to say its 1st class ! :cheers2

4. Peacheater

Peacheater Member

5. Rock Candy

Rock Candy Rock 'n' Roll Doctor

A wonderfully emotive vocal from Paul Rod-erm, Davey Pattison on this one ;D

6. stepcousin

stepcousin stuck in the 70's

I heard the S/T and "Warner Brothers Presents" alot as a kid in the mid 70's and then I got "Paper Money" in 1985 (better late than never). To me the real Montrose is the first 2 albums with Sammy, and that self titled is one of the greatest hard rock albums of all time. It was the perfect album for 1973, becoming the archetype for many hard rock bands for years to come.

7. Mr. T

Mr. T Banned

Felt this thread needed a :bump:

A few more old favorites of mine...

Dancin' Feet

All I Need

I Got The Fire

8. LOU/REALM

LOU/REALM Senior Member

2 more Ronnie Montrose tracks from some of his solo stuff , hats off to the guy hes a guitar god in my eyes .....check these out ! Breathtaking.. :grinthumb

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
  9. LG

LG Fade To Black

He was a great guitarist, love the video for Zero G...unlike some critics I loved 2010 and thought is was a good follow up to 2001.

Anyway got lucky a while back and picked up a very nice audiophile CD of his massive Debut album.

[​IMG]

10. muzik_guy

muzik_guy Certified Music Geek

Freaking love Gamma. That band should've been huge. The talent in that band, the wickedly inventive synth work, Ronnie's expressive playing, Pattison's classy voice & great songwriting...they had it all. Gamma 2 is just perfection.