Montrose / Gamma (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
2 more quality tracks from Ronnie Montrose while with GAMMA .

Razor king/moving violation

Texas King

Reaction score
Montrose debut?

What are your opinions on a self-titled debut album by Montrose? And do you consider it one of the best debuts in rock? I do for sure.

E-Z

Reaction score
Montrose debut?

What are your opinions on a self-titled debut album by Montrose? And do you consider it one of the best debuts in rock? I do for sure.
With respect Texas King bit of a dumb question cos the MONTROSE debut album is-

THE GREATEST DEBUT ALBUM FROM A ROCK BAND OF ALL TIME PERIOD!!!!.

"The MONTROSE debut album makes LED ZEPPELIN look like a bunch of street buskers!!!."

E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
I like ALL Ronnie's work with either MONTROSE or GAMMA.

I've been waiting 30 long years for someone to release the MONTROSE album MEAN (1987) on cd over here in the UK!!. I originally had it on vinyl back in 1987 when it was originally released but as far as I know it's NEVER been released on cd in the UK every!!.

If someone from Warner Bros is reading this could you pick up the rights from Enigma records and release MEAN on cd in the UK please.

E-Z

Last edited:

Schmetterling

Reaction score
Montrose were the first live band I ever saw - supporting Status Quo on the 1974 tour. I saw them at Glasgow Apollo and the whole thing just blew me (at 14 years of age) away. Fantastic and made a huge impression on me. I had the first two albums on vinyl through the remainder of the 70s, but as with so much of my stuff they got lost and I don't know what became of them. I still have a few of the songs on my ipod playlist today and they stand up as well as they ever did. Ronnie was awesome and one of the best guitarists of that era - way ahead of his time, and Sammys' voice still sends a shiver of delight down my spine.

Not familiar with any of the Gamma stuff - was it Davy Pattison who sang for them....?

E-Z

Reaction score
Yeah Davy Pattison who has a strong rock voice was with Ronnie in Gamma and he also worked with Robin Trower in the 1990s & 2000s well.

Ronnie also released several rock flavoured instrumental albums during the 1980s & 1990s as well.

E-Z

gguerra

Reaction score
Been a fan since the debut album which was followed by "Paper Money". I really enjoyed "Open Fire" which came out in 78. Great instrumental work. I revisited later with his Gamma work. It turned out great as well.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online