Montrose / Gamma (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Re: The official Montrose /Gamma thread

Those 2 albums you mentioned Joe,are my personal favourites aswell !! :cheers2

Just wondering if you have any of Ronnies solo stuff?
Another album missing from my collection is the MONTROSE comeback album..."Mean".......ok no Hagar,so it didnt make a big impact...

Ronnie-Montrose---Mean-1987-Front-Cover-4584.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

joe

Reaction score

No I don't LOU. I have Gamma's first three releases but none of his solo stuff.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I pride myself on being able to find almost anything, but for now the Gamma albums have eluded me, all I have are MP3's :wa. I did see them on my online store a few months ago but there were other albums I wanted more.

I will keep looking until I get the first two at least.

joe

Reaction score

I picked them up on vinyl back in the day. They must of been re-issued on CD(?).

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Yeah but they are rare, I guess I should have ordered them when I saw them a couple of months ago...oh well if necessary I will use my "Black Ops" to secure them...:heheh:

taha

Reaction score

fyi,,I heard years ago that the producers of the movie RoboCop wanted Ronnie to do all the music for the show. Ronnie supposedly turned it down because he didn't have the technical abilities to pull it off ??? :wtf:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I'm sure Ronnie had the ability to pull off a soundtrack, I really liked the first Robocop movie, the sequels were not as good though.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Great "live" footage of Ronnie Montrose with another rock legend Glenn Hughes performing "Rock candy". :heheh: For a second I mistook Glenn for Cliff Richard.
Looks a great gig ! :cheers2

Mr. T

Reaction score

I'll hop a seat on this train.. huge fan of most of his work! Have all the Montrose and Gamma albums on vinyl except Gamma 4, and most duplicated on CD along with about 5 of his solo albums.

Had an funny thing happen around '95 or so... the secretary in the place I was working was cool and we would talk music here and there. So one day I mentioned what a big fan I was of Montrose and I asked her if she had ever listened to them. She started laughing and said "Quite a bit. Ronnie is my Dad." Well I about fell over lol.

Well a few months later Ronnie came to Phoenix and played a club show with the band he had recorded "Music From Here" with... so Kira asked me if I'd like to go and meet him and I was like "Hell yes!" lol. So I got to hang around with him and the band after the show. He was a very nice guy and signed my 1st Montrose LP and actually thanked me for supporting his music. A great memory!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online