Metallica (Official Thread)

Pappy

Reaction score
Haha!

The filler started on the black album I think. Not too crazy about 1 or 2 tracks on the second half of that album.

Before that you had tracks like Escape, Eye Of The Beholder. Definitely filler tracks. Of course when you get to the Black Album, Loads, etc they have longer albums which led to the more filler.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Before that you had tracks like Escape, Eye Of The Beholder. Definitely filler tracks. Of course when you get to the Black Album, Loads, etc they have longer albums which led to the more filler.

They are far from filler tracks in my opinion.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score

What?? :omg: Those are hardly filler!! Eye Of The Beholder, which has a fantastic pounding intro is one of my fav songs on Justice and Escape is also very good on Lightning! The 80s albums did not have any filler, in my opinion.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
For the record, "...And Justice for All" is actually longer than the Black Album. I think the Black Album is relatively solid for its length, but I guess a couple of tracks could have been left out, which would have made the album even stronger. I agree with Musikwala and stepcousin, that none of the previous albums had any filler, but again, filler is relative word when it comes to the Black Album. The real downfall started after that album.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online