Metallica (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The lack of Frayed Ends of Sanity is ridiculous.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Lars Ulrich on Metallica's Next Album: 'We're One Day Closer' | Music News | Rolling Stone

"What I can say is, we're one day closer to the next record being released than we were yesterday," drummer Lars Ulrich adds. "Unless there's what's called an 'Act of God,' I would hedge my bets that '201' would be the first three digits in the release year. And I don't know much beyond that. We've been jamming along. We've been putting in some time."

Do these guys even care anymore?? Answer is: No.

We can expect a new album by 2019, guys! :rolleyes:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I have to be honest, I'd rather have them spend the time to hopefully put out a better album than the last couple. No need to rush it. Then again, if they NEVER put out another album, it wouldn't bother me. The best years of Metallica are definitely behind them, even though they can still put on good concerts. I'd rather see them tour on a regular basis playing the old stuff than to throw together another shitty album like St Anger and play some of that crap in concert.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They should not be taking this long on an album. No rushing it I agree with but its been a long gap between albums already. Just don't make it a lengthy gap like the shitty Chinese Democracy was. lol

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I have to be honest, I'd rather have them spend the time to hopefully put out a better album than the last couple. No need to rush it.

Are you kidding? lol. It's been 6 years since Death Magnetic in 2008. That is not taking one's time, that is just being plain lazy.

Then again, if they NEVER put out another album, it wouldn't bother me. The best years of Metallica are definitely behind them, even though they can still put on good concerts. I'd rather see them tour on a regular basis playing the old stuff than to throw together another shitty album like St Anger and play some of that crap in concert.

This I agree with. Their best years certainly seem to be behind them. Though Death Magnetic was a comeback of sorts, it was nowhere near Lightning, Puppets, Justice or Black... or even as good as the best songs from the Load albums combined.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Load and Reload are actually pretty decent albums now in my eyes. Heck people need to appreciate Garage Inc a lot more because they did a fantastic group of covers. Death Magnetic was the return album to form for them even if the production was dogshit.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Load and Reload are actually pretty decent albums now in my eyes. Heck people need to appreciate Garage Inc a lot more because they did a fantastic group of covers. Death Magnetic was the return album to form for them even if the production was dogshit.

Agreed. I always liked Load and Reload. They were some of my favourite albums growing up when I was still getting into Metallica's music. Later I realized how much better the 80s albums are. But I still enjoy more than a handful of tracks on the Load/Reload albums. They're just different... a more mature sound with tones of Alice in Chains inspired grunge (Where The Wild Things Are) and even country (Mama Said)... nothing wrong with that in my book. There was also filler like Cure, Wasting My Hate, Prince Charming and Attitude. So the albums weren't as consistent as the 80s classics. But they weren't the horrible albums that many make them out to be.

As for Death Magnetic, I downloaded the Guitar Hero version. It was much "quieter" than the original CD which suffers from loudness wars.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Six years, wow.... Time flies when you're having fun.

Death Magnetic is easily their best record since Black, by an enormous margin... I'm looking forward to hearing the new one. If we have to wait until 2019, that's a shame, but eh, it's not like I'm falling all over myself for new Metallica material anyway.

Anyhoo, I just caught the Metallica episode of Biography on the Bio channel at like 3am this morning. It was pretty cool, dwelled a little too long on Some Kind of Monster though. It's hard to do these musician bios without using any of the music though. It invariably ends up feeling infinitely bush league.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online