Meatloaf sees dead people

Tarn

Reaction score
I also believe in psychics. Just because I cant see or communicate with the dead / spirits, doesn't mean it can't be done.

I've been there done that with psychics. people say well, they just go on what you say and what you want to hear, your birth date etc.

I had an amazing one who didn't even know my name .. when I made the appointment she goes "no name" just a time. get there and she draws my name and my sister's and star signs .. all that stuff.. (she was a "psychic artist hence the drawing)

a non-believer has to visit a psyhic who couldnt possibly know any of this

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
There is a psychic near my parents' house... Every time I see the place I am always tempted to go in and ask for the winning lotto numbers. Seriously, as far as paranormal activity, I've always been intrigued by it. I've never experienced one though I watch "Ghost Hunters" whenever it is on.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Absolutely agreed with this especially the bolded. I believe ghosts do exist. I believe ghosts occupied the first house I lived in as a kid too.

I don't think Meatloaf's experience is especially unusual, there's a lot that we can't nor will we ever explain in this world, so maybe we will need to get to the next world (or at least those of us who believe as a matter of personal faith that there is an after-life) before we will get answers. By definition, the supernatural has no rational scientific explanation, if it could be explained then it would cease to be 'supernatural'. So it doesn't matter what sceptics think, there's nothing anybody can say to a person who says they've see ghosts which will convince them that they haven't seen ghosts, any more than anybody can ever prove to me categorically that there is no God. I believe in the power of some psychics, though a lot of them are frauds and pranksters, or magicians, David Blaine can do a lot of the stuff that psychics do through very ingenious trickery, and he professes no special powers.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I am far more likely to believe fervently in Life existing in the universe than most paranormal experiences.

I won't come right out and say it's all rubbish...but if you think about how many people have died over the history of mankind, and all the betrayals, murders, genocides and all around Nice things people have done to each other over time immemorial, then we should be knee deep in Class 5 free roaming vaporous apparitions and everyone should see them on a daily basis.;)

Does whatever constitute a persons spirit leave the body after death and join with the cosmos...I can give that some credence, we all have a "spark" inside us and that energy has to go somewhere.

Psychics...saw some on television for a while those "call in" shows and everyone I know of has been taken off the air as a fraud. Those that want to believe that's their choice, me I would rather find out something on my own if I were that curious rather than pay someone to connect me to the afterlife.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Sounds like the kid in that Sixth Sense movie seeing dead people.

But gotta try and keep an open mind guys!...the only alternative to an open mind is to have a closed mind, which is a bad place to be. Just because you never saw a ghost doesn't mean they don't exist, you may believe they don't exist, but there's no evidence that they don't, just like there's no evidence that they do!! Things like that are simply a question of faith, and not science. I'm 100% sure I saw my grandfather several years after he died, oh, and I've also seen a UFO, it was a bloody big one too, hovering over a golf course in August 1995, four of us saw it actually, but I obviously can't prove it. Coincidentally I just today read a story that Meatloaf says his bastard father actually tried to kill him...

Exactly!! I'm a believer as I've had too many personal experiences not to be (and I was compos mentis on each occasion and not a drop of alcohol had passed my lips!). Some of the occasions I wasn't alone so I know I wasn't imagining it. I've also seen a spirit medium who was uncannily accurate - picking up on things she couldn't possibly have known. I think there are plenty of charletons out there pretending to have 'the gift', but I also believe there are genuine pyschics, clairvoyants and mediums. The lady I saw insisted I didn't tell her anything about myself, if I started to she'd stop me in my tracks, saying she was there to give me information not the other way round. When Sox dropped me off for my reading she even picked up on things about his life and started telling him things, and being a skeptic that blew his mind!

Death on Credit

Reaction score
It's always interesting reading other people's opinions on subjects like this.

As for me, I don't believe in anything mythical, mystical, supernatural, paranormal, spiritual, or otherwise objectively unprovable. However, as a good critical thinker, I'm always looking for an opportunity to be proven wrong.

For the time being, I have a hard time believing that anything resembling human consciousness survives beyond the brain cells dying.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online