• Short With Impact

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Equally Impressive

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
for me its all about quality of the product so i think they're both equally impressive...

i dont really give kudos to those who have had a long career but keep releasing mediocore material and i dont give extra points for dying young or breaking up early...

It has more to do with a band having a bigger impact in less time and if they broke up or died young then that is impressive if their impact is still felt.

^^^Gentleman. You have made great cases for both sides. With that, I've voted for equally impressive. It's all relative.:grinthumb

I was going to do that, but just because you can keep playing does not really impress me as much as someone having a huge impact in less time.

To a certain group of people and genre(s) of music, the Pistols were certainly more influential than the Beatles.

In the grand scheme of things, not so much.

There was a whole generation that was sick of hearing about how all you need is love, and to that generation, the Pistols were way above the Beatles. Personally, I kind of have a love/hate thing with both of them.

Their impact was just as big as the Beatles. I like the Beatles and yes they are highly influential. I find the Pistols to have just as much importance as them.
Also I wouldn't say in the grandscheme of things that the Beatles are more influential.

So what your saying is that The Sex Pistols were more influential than The Beatles?

The Beatles are one of the most important bands of all time. Sex Pistols as well. I find them equal in terms of being influential.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Naturally. In the grand scheme of things, the Beatles are bigger than Jesus.

That is when including sales. How many bands were influenced by the beatles how many genres? How many bands influenced by the Sex Pistols and how many genres? How about the image and attitude?

sales wise there is no comparing any band to the beatles at all.

influence wise you can make a case for a good amount of artists.

I happen to find the amount of influence the Sex Pistols had is larger then people think. The impact they had is with out question huge especially when you conisder they only released one album and were together for only 3 years.

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
Did the sex pistols completely change their music style as they went along? No.

Did the sex pistols completely rearrange the entire face of music? No.

Did the sex pistols sell the most albums in the history of music? No.

Did the sex pistols have the biggest fan base of any band ever? No.

Hell, the idiots in The Sex Pistols actually fired one of their members based solely that he liked the beatles. Theyre damn idiots.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Did the sex pistols completely change their music style as they went along? No.

Did the sex pistols sell the most albums in the history of music? No.

Did the sex pistols have the biggest fan base of any band ever? No.

Hell, the idiots in The Sex Pistols actually fired one of their members based solely that he liked the beatles. Theyre damn idiots.

They were a punk band genius. Their sound or changing their sound has nothing to do with influence.

Does that have anything to do with their influence on other bands? No.

Since when do sales and fans have anything to do with influence on other bands? It doesn't.

These comments you make show how blind you are.

You are missing the point. They influenced countless amounts of punk/ metal musicians in not only their sound, but also their attitudes and looks.

Who cares if they fired someone for a band they like? You are bringing pointless things to the table.

They are one of the most influential artsits and had one of if not the biggest impact on rock music with one record alone.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
That is when including sales. How many bands were influenced by the beatles how many genres? How many bands influenced by the Sex Pistols and how many genres? How about the image and attitude?

sales wise there is no comparing any band to the beatles at all.

influence wise you can make a case for a good amount of artists.

I happen to find the amount of influence the Sex Pistols had is larger then people think. The impact they had is with out question huge especially when you conisder they only released one album and were together for only 3 years.

I'm not talking about sales, I'm talking influence.

As much as it pains me to admit it, there really aren't any bands in the rock spectrum as influential as the Beatles. They influenced EVERYONE, even the Sex Pistols (when you take into consideration that hatred was a driving force behind the band, the Beatles and Led Zeppelin were probably their strongest influences).

I lean more towards the Pistols myself, but the Beatles are far more influential.

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
Does that have anything to do with their influence on other bands? No.

That shows you are so blind it is sad.

That has nothing to do with influencing others?

And about the fact they fired one of their members, that shows they werent the smartest of people.

But saying that they were even close to as influential as The Beatles shows that YOU are the blind one.

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
I'm not talking about sales, I'm talking influence.

As much as it pains me to admit it, there really aren't any bands in the rock spectrum as influential as the Beatles. They influenced EVERYONE, even the Sex Pistols (when you take into consideration that hatred was a driving force behind the band, the Beatles and Led Zeppelin were probably their strongest influences).

I lean more towards the Pistols myself, but the Beatles are far more influential.

This is what I've been saying.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score

That has nothing to do with influencing others?

And about the fact they fired one of their members, that shows they werent the smartest of people.

But saying that they were even close to as influential as The Beatles shows that YOU are the blind one.

Their smarts or lack there of has nothing to do with influence.

Did the beatles change the entire face of music? No they didn't. They were one of the many bands that helped change music.

The Pistols changed music with one record.

No I am far from blind.

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
Their smarts or lack there of has nothing to do with influence.

Did the beatles change the entire face of music? No they didn't. They were one of the many bands that helped change music.

The Pistols changed music with one record.

No I am far from blind.

Listen to music before and after The Beatles, bucko.

See a difference? From The Beatles sprung up The Who, Led Zeppelin, etc.

Before The Beatles? Chuck Berry, etc.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Members online

No members online now.