Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Short With Impact

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Equally Impressive

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
the most impressive is longevity with the orginal lineup. Bands that are really talented throughout often have a harder time co existing. Sometimes it is good to have those role members that occupy less ego.
I do not like U2 by any stress of the imagination, but i respect what they have been able acommplish longevity wise and keeping their original lineup.

RUSH

QUEEN

:grinthumb :grinthumb

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
He is really. He kind of gets bitched around by the two ego maniac co-founders haha.

Mustaine was too much for them to control.

I love Hammet though. Great guitarist (little overrated), but great.

The Police and Cream are both great examples as well.

(Love the Police. Copeland is one of the best around)
agreed hammet is a great soloist and an above average lead guitarist

foreverblue

Reaction score
what about boston longevity 30+ years.... but only 5 - 6 albums?

as opposed to frank zappa 26 years.. and a heap of work... but hey i love zappa, but not all his work is worth buying

foreverblue

Reaction score
Also, The Beatles was the first group to take risks. You can always identify a Beatles song, but they are all so different.

They experimented with rock, psychedelic music and strange concepts--Yellow Submarine.

They WERE the British Invasion of the 60's. Look at all of the British groups who appeared after the Beatles attempting to mimic them.

i wouldn't call wearing matching suits and making music acceptable to your fans grandparents taking risks.
the mothers of invention were taking risks before the beatles did, and i believe pet sounds by the beach boys was released before sgt peppers

dont get me wrong i like the beatles, but i just cant get past the "granny songs"
i dont know if martin or mcartney were responsible that?

CREAM'd

Reaction score
i wouldn't call wearing matching suits and making music acceptable to your fans grandparents taking risks.
the mothers of invention were taking risks before the beatles did, and i believe pet sounds by the beach boys was released before sgt peppers

dont get me wrong i like the beatles, but i just cant get past the "granny songs"

Hello foreverblue.
I've never heard any of the Beatles songs being called ''granny songs'', could you list me a few of their ''granny songs'' as i'm intrigued as to which songs you're talking about.:)

foreverblue

Reaction score
Hello foreverblue.
I've never heard any of the Beatles songs being called ''granny songs'', could you list me a few of their ''granny songs'' as i'm intrigued as to which songs you're talking about.:)

when i'm 64
maxwells silver hammer [music not lyrics]
obli di obli da
just to name a few

i think lennon himself referred to mcartneys "granny songs" at one stage

CREAM'd

Reaction score
I quite like Maxwells Silver Hammer and When I'm 64. I'm not all that fussed on Ob La Di - Ob La Da. Ah well different strokes for different folks.:)
You do realise Maxwells Silver Hammer and When I'm 64 will always be known as the ''granny songs'' in my mind,every time i listen to them from now on.:)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I like those songs, I have no idea why they are called "Granny" songs, hell John's Double Fantasy is just as syrupy and sentimental as any of the Beatles or Paul's solo work.:grinthumb

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score

Lets see. 5 or 6 so called granny songs as opposed to well over 150 amazing ones.

Matching suits? Listen to the Beatles after 1965 bud. Thats when the influence really starts to shine through.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online