Joe Perry slams Steven Tyler's decision to do Idol

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I kind of like that song.. so what if it's not what Aerosmith is known for?.. they did something different than hard, blues rock.. I don't see a problem:huh:

It'd be great if it wasn't a song written for Celine Dion. It just hurts my heart to see a rock n roll band fall, hurt me to my bones.... to see 'em writing their own songs in the 70s and by the 90s they're singing Celine Dion's songs. ;)

I don't have a problem with anything Steve or Joe are doing, past present or future. But seems to me if Joe was so against this type of thing, Aerosmith's relatively recent past would have been a little different.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Over the last 20 years Aerosmith at their worst, did better than most ''here today, gone tomorrow'' modern rock band.

Plus, I've seen them in concert 3 times over the last 20 years, and they delivered everytime.

Long Live Aerosmith!!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Aeromsith sucked after Nine Lives.

American Idol is a joke.

I agree, but hey, if they offered me the chance to judge, I would. Having a steady easy paycheck would be great. Maybe Tyler is just looking for a way to go into retirement and still draw a paycheck while he snoggs for ladies and groupies in the Idol backstage :D

Reaction score
It'd be great if it wasn't a song written for Celine Dion. It just hurts my heart to see a rock n roll band fall, hurt me to my bones.... to see 'em writing their own songs in the 70s and by the 90s they're singing Celine Dion's songs. ;)

I don't have a problem with anything Steve or Joe are doing, past present or future. But seems to me if Joe was so against this type of thing, Aerosmith's relatively recent past would have been a little different.

I just don't understand what it matters?.. they recorded a song, yes, a ballad.. but they recorded a solid ballad.. That's all there is to it in my book:D

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Over the last 20 years Aerosmith at their worst, did better than most ''here today, gone tomorrow'' modern rock band.

Plus, I've seen them in concert 3 times over the last 20 years, and they delivered everytime.

Long Live Aerosmith!!

Great they delivered live. Still does not change the fact they have written shit since Nine Lives.

Sorry there have been bands in the last 20 years that have written better material then Aerosmith has.

That is just my opinion.

Groovy Man

Reaction score

Blah, blah, blah, Celine Dion, Alanis Morissette...girlie music.
:heheh:

So, Aerosmith did a song for the ladies....big deal.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
I agree, but hey, if they offered me the chance to judge, I would. Having a steady easy paycheck would be great. Maybe Tyler is just looking for a way to go into retirement and still draw a paycheck while he snoggs for ladies and groupies in the Idol backstage :D

The word sell out comes to mind when you put it like that haha.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Long Live Aerosmith!!

Hey Groovy.....

Their show in Cincy Sept 2nd was awesome! Didn't look like there was any animosity to me between Perry and Tyler.

Groovy Man

Reaction score
Hey Groovy.....

Their show in Cincy Sept 2nd was awesome! Didn't look like there was any animosity to me between Perry and Tyler.

Magic....you went?

To be honest, I wish Aerosmith would concentrate on a new album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online