Joe Bonamassa (Official Thread)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Today not 1, not 2 not 3 but 4(!) Joe Bonamassa DVDs/Blue-Rays were released....

dvds.jpg

I think the idea is fine, but at the same time, for us Joe fans, I think it's a bit like being taken advantage of. Supposedly you can get them all in one combined set online, but neither Amazon or my local record store seem to have the box, so I guess I'll just buy them 1 by 1 along the way, probably starting with Shepherd's Bush Empire.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Since he left BCC, Joe Bonamassa gives the impression he believes he has to release as much material as possible, because his time in the spotlight will be short. I don't blame him, but it is not always the case. In the late-seventies, Elton John appeared to be releasing two albums a year, which seemed a lot at the time. The sad thing about this pursuit, is that BCC could have achieved greatness.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Since he left BCC, Joe Bonamassa gives the impression he believes he has to release as much material as possible, because his time in the spotlight will be short. I don't blame him, but it is not always the case. In the late-seventies, Elton John appeared to be releasing two albums a year, which seemed a lot at the time. The sad thing about this pursuit, is that BCC could have achieved greatness.

I agree with you, but I do think Joe is great in his own right as well. I really enjoy his solo stuff (not to mention his albums with Beth Hart), but I am not too fond of his/his labels release policy.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
^ The position of Blues musicians can be quite precarious, so I suppose he has to make hay while the sun shines. Gwyn Ashton was to be the next big thing, especially when Gerry McAvoy joined, and I haven't heard anything from him for ages.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
It's not too long ago I forked out to buy the four Blu-Rays I posted about above and now there's another Joe Bonamassa Blu-Ray/DVD on the way, this time with Beth Hart. It's called "Live In Amsterdam" and will be released on March 25th

hartbonamassa610.jpg

Here's a clip:

As with everything Joe Bonamassa and/or Beth releases, this will be a blind buy for me the day it comes out :bow:

Last edited:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
It's not too long ago I forked out to buy the four Blu-Rays I posted about above and now there's another Joe Bonamassa Blu-Ray/DVD on the way, this time with Beth Hart. It's called "Live In Amsterdam" and will be released on March 25th

m3_cCwoXtc3V4lGve5ywWBQ.jpg

Here's a clip:

As with everything Joe Bonamassa and/or Beth releases, this will be a blind buy for me the day it comes out :bow:

Awesome! I'm actually listening to the Bang, Bang, Boom, Boom album from Beth right now! :D Anyway, after two great albums with her and Bonamassa I'd definitely be curious to watch that as Beth is a great performer as well. Coincidentally I just saw this cool performance where Bonamasssa made Zakk Wylde look like a joke in comparison! just goes to show you that playing faster doesn't make you a good guitarist! :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online