THE MAGPIE SALUTE'S DEBUT ALBUM TO BE RELEASED ON PROVOGUE!

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Mascot Label Group are thrilled to announce that The Magpie Salute have joined the Provogue label to sit at home amongst some of the finest modern blues icons such as Joe Bonamassa, Beth Hart, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Jonny Lang, Walter Trout, Eric Gales, Sonny Landreth, Gary Hoey and more.

The Magpie Salute which brings together the reunited guitar team of Rich Robinson and Marc Ford from the Black Crowes, bassist Sven Pipien (also from the Crowes) along with lead singer John Hogg (Hookah Brown, Moke), drummer Joe Magistro and guitarist Nico Bereciartua have entered a studio in Nashville, TN to begin recording their debut album. The currently untitled record is due out later this summer via Mascot Label Group.

“We’re all very excited to start a new partnership with Mascot Label Group,” Rich Robinson commented. “We’ve just started recording our first original music for release this summer. We can’t wait to see you out there on the road.”

Mascot Label Group CEO Ed van Zijl on signing The Magpie Salute: “I’m really excited to welcome The Magpie Salute to the Mascot family. They are an incredible band with a huge melting pot of ideas that feels fresh and powerful. They are no ordinary band and you can tell they all have a long history together which shows in their rich song-writing. Their debut album is going to be a real joy and I feel we are going to have a great future.”

Formed by Rich Robinson in late 2016, The Magpie Salute spent most of 2017 on the road performing over 75 shows in countries around the world. Through the miles travelled the ensemble became a band. From their varied set lists every single night, with the band choosing from repertoire exceeding 200 songs, The Magpie Salute immediately developed a rapid fan base. Many of these performances are available via Nugs.

Source: https://www.mascotlabelgroup.com/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Provogue/Mascot is an excellent label. Quite a few of my favourite artists are signed to them and I own tons of releases from the label - all top-notch products!

I absolutely loved the live album The Magpie Salute released last year, but I'm excited to hear a studio album with brand new material.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online