Joe Bonamassa (Official Thread)

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
I agree BE.

I also thinks that Joe releases too much in a too short a period of time. But as was said, take the moment.He is very popular right now. By the way, his best album is still Sloe Gin!!

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I dont want to derail the thread

Ah, no worries BE. We'll get back on track :D Totally agree about Jake btw, he's also my favourite Ozzy guitarist after Iommi!

I also thinks that Joe releases too much in a too short a period of time

The only positive side of this, is that everything he releases is solid. No half-assed stuff!

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Exception maybe is The Ballad of John Henry. Think that album is the lesser of his releases.

My rating:
1 - Sloe Gin
2 - Dust Bowl
3 - You And Me
4 - A New Day Yesterday
So, It's Like That
Blues Deluxe
Had to Cry Today
Black Rock
Driving Towards the Daylight
5 - The Ballad of John Henry

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I like The Ballad of John Henry too, possibly because of the BCC version of the title track, but John Henry is an interesting character and the subject of a number of songs by other artists. Dust Bowl is also good, probably because of the Glenn Hughes and Kevin Shirley involvement - but I'm biased. I like Bonamassa as a guitarist, but would prefer him to cut down the solo/duet material. He is a reasonable singer and his voice made a useful foil for Glenn Hughes. I don't think I've heard Sloe Gin, so perhaps I should give it a listen.

I am definitely a Jake E. Lee fan because of his Badlands and Osbourne work. His Red Dragon Cartel album didn't do much for me because the vocals are weak, but the main thing is that he is back. I didn't mind Zak Wylde's work on No More Tears or Ozzmosis, but I was distracted by the treatment of Bob Daisley. After this, it was downhill (Black Rain is poor) and Zakk Wylde was blamed because he did all the work. I cannot get into Zakk Wylde's solo work, but someone here may suggest a good album.

Tony and SDM, are you fans of Gwyn Ashton?

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I don't know much about him except that he worked with Rory Gallagher's bass player Gerry McAvoy and other big names like Chris Glen and Ted McKenna. I wondered as a blues fan, what you thought of him.

Discography

Feel the Heat (1993)
Beg, Borrow & Steel (1996)
Fang it ! (1999)
Prohibition (2006)
Two-Man Blues Army (2009)
Radiogram (2012)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
He released an EP last year, called "'Fistful Of Blues", which was on The Blues Magazine's (Classic Rock Magazine spin-off) "Best of 2013" list. I might give that one a listen and work my way backwards through his discography, if I like it!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online