Joe Bonamassa (Official Thread)

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Going on where I left off. Joe's fourth album released in 2004.

hadtocrytoday2004.jpg

Two songs composed by Joe: When She Dances and The River

:grinthumb

billtjr51

Reaction score
Joe is a very versatile guitarist. His is not a "heard one and you have heard them all" style. His songs can be placed in a variety of genres. Definitely one of my favorite musicians!

BikerJim44

Reaction score
Around 2003 or 2004 me and my bud were checking out the Blues section at Hastings book store and found this guy, Joe Bonamassa and there's this two disk set for like $5.00 so I say what the heck and snag it. One was a CD and the other was a DVD. We tossed the CD player in the deck on the way back home and immediately liked the guy so later that night we were setting around and put the DVD on and wasn't really knowing what to expect. Well let me tell you, both of us sat there just mesmerized by this man and his band. He wasn't very well known at the time and came up fast. I was thoroughly impressed as was my bud.
For a three piece band they are just amazing and his voice is something else for sure. I tried to see him in Lubbock, TX one time and about a week before he was supposed to play I get an email from the club with a refund of my ticket money and an apology letter saying the club had closed their doors. I was shocked to have gotten my money back but very sad to not to get to see him. It was a new years eve party and it must have been fate or something as that night, New Years Eve 2004/05 my dad who was living with me passed. I was so glad I was home to find him and not off at a party. It was a sad day. The irony of it all was after getting rid of all the official people and all later that day I had to go to town to the funeral home and when I got in my pickup I had Los Lonely Boys in the CD player and their song How Far is Heaven comes on. Man talk about breaking a man down. I couldn't drive that day after that. Oh well, long live all the greats and R.I.P. to a dear friend of mine, Michael Burks. Knew him, loved him. Spidey.

Reaction score
Just heard my first Joe Bonamassa song, Takin' The Hit and it was good, still he's no Kenny Wayne Shepherd. But I will be listening to more.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I see we have a bumped thread here and a LOT of videos were not working. I have replaced them all for everyone, so those wishing to explore his music or fans that wanted to play them can now.

:grinthumb

taha

Reaction score
Got his Albert Hall DVD today, only the second time I have seen him, he is great. Clapton came out in about the 6th track and that was frgn fantastic !
I have to go see him here in November.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online