Jimi Hendrix Experience (Official Thread)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Books and video documentaries tell me that Hendrix came out of Seattle,Washington.No way.The way he absolutely manhandled his instrument of choice like no other ever,it's as though he comes some other planet or galaxy altogether.Every time I watch the old films of Monterey,Woodstock,etc.,I seriously wonder how any person from THIS planet could POSSIBLY have pulled off many of the things I witnessed him perform.As far as my "other galaxy" remark goes,whatever galaxy Jimi hailed from,Pink Floyd apparently came from the same place.There's just no comparing Hendrix with other guitarists and Floyd was always so left of most other artists.Things must be very fascinating up on the dark side of the moon.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
The version of Like a Rolling Stone I've known forever is the famous one at Monterey. But last year I came across this one at Winterland in 1968. It's equally incredible while being distinct from Monterey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTspI0qEldY

I really like listening to these two versions back to back. Hendrix was a big fan of Dylan's work. I like to think I can hear how much more comfortable he is with the tune in later performances.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
When Jimi was in England, he sub-letted a basement apartment from Ringo Starr in December 1966.
I have seen some of these photos, but not all of them. The link at the bottom contains all the photos.

Jimi-5_zpsbqppyqkz.jpg

MORE HERE

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Do you happen to know whether or not the flat Jimi Hendrix rented from Ringo Starr was the very same Ringo owned residence where both Keith Moon and Mama Cass of the Mamas and Papas passed away?

JimJam

Reaction score
Never saw those pictures before. Not much in the way of decor! An indication of the waves Hendrix was making in England, many months before Monterey and before anyone in the U.S. knew of him. I mean, if he can rent from a Beatle. I sorta wonder where Ringo was staying; he must've had plenty of options.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online