Jimi Hendrix Experience (Official Thread)

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Hendrix Liveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

been blasting out the winterland box set as its a total rocking live Jimi show...:bow:

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Winterland is a great concert!

One of my favorite "heavy" Jimi tunes....

Peace in Mississippi (1968)

Hear My Train A Comin'

JimJam

Reaction score
^^^
Two awesome tracks, Phil B.! The music of "Peace in Mississippi" needs no lyrics in conveying the "peace" of that state during those times.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Today in Hendrix History

It's laughable to hear about some of the things musicians complain about these days and then to read this from this date in music history: June 25, 1967, During a north American tour The Jimi Hendrix Experience gave a free afternoon concert in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco. They then played another two shows that evening at the Fillmore West.

_459282984245139_8864611458248885990_n_zpsnhqei1lm.jpg

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
People's of rather shallow natures run rampant in the music industry as well as in general American society.Apparently,many haven't a clue about what entertaining through the musical medium is truly all about.Natrually,there's nothing wrong with wanting to earn money in this arena,but I'm dreadfully afraid that it would appear that most of today's mainstream is more interested in the allure of material luxury than in having true desire to enlighten and entertain.Seems to me,there are far too many that seem to have all of life down to drugs,sex and money and that all the answers to the many complexities of existential dilemma can be resolved through any one of these or a combination of any two.The mechanical talents are there,but there is a nearly tragic lack of truly passionate and sincere artists.Maybe a few half decent melodies here and there,but as far as I'm concerned,most of the lyrics I hear are trite,insipid and vacuous of any real sense of dutiful concern for genuinely evocative imagery.And hey,what's this I hear about Cyndi Lauper being elected into the songwriters hall of fame?Are you f***ing sh***ing me!!!These people are actually convinced that she belongs in company with Lennon,McCartney,Dylan,Paul Simon,Elton John,Bruce Springsteen,Billy Joel and Carole King?Preposterously inexplicable nonsense............

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
OOH Jimi Jimi Hendrix

There is the intensity! Dig that face.

_460084197498351_3705662793740774463_n_zps9vvrqspw.jpg

classic photo of Jimi Live...

a sure fired virtuoso guitarist no matter whatever style of music his playing.
when his peers call him friend...EC/JB/PT among them even John Lennon...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online