INXS fire JD Fortune (again)

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
melodicrock.com

INXS DUMP ANOTHER FRONTMAN - FOR THE SECOND TIME IN THIS CASE:
Those bozo's in Inxs are at it again. Vocalist JD Fortune has been "removed" from the line-up by the band simply recording new material without inviting the "lead singer" to join them.
Instead, it looks like Irish vocalist and Bono soundalike Michael "Rea" Garvey might be the latest singer to help the band. It is his vocals on the band's new song Tiny Summer, available to hear now at: inxs.com/Tiny_Summer.html.
Not the world's greatest song either...

This from Canoe.ca: "Australian rockers Inxs have fired their frontman J.D. Fortune for the second time in two years. The singer won his place in the band in 2005 after winning the TV talent search Rock Star: Inxs, but he was booted from the line-up in 2009 and forced to seek help for a drug abuse problem that was spiralling out of control. Fortune was welcomed back to the Original Sin hitmakers as Michael Hutchence's permanent replacement in January - but the reunion has been brief and the singer recently revealed he had not been included in plans for the band's new music. In a post on his Twitter.com blog, he wrote, "As of now I have not been invited to be a part of Inxs's new music."
According to Australia's Herald Sun newspaper, the existing members of Inxs are expected to make a formal announcement about Fortune's replacement later this week.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
From the Canadian Press
Canadian singer J.D. Fortune out of INXS but says the split is amicable - Winnipeg Free Press

JD Fortune wrote in his blog that he's no longer a member of the band INXS and that the split is amicable. He was not fired and didn't quit. He says he and band members decided earlier this year to no longer play together after their most recent tour, which ended this summer. He says he's now developing "several exciting projects as a solo artist". Fortune says a "deep friendship and respect" lives on after six years of working together.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Tempest in a tea cup to me.

I don't own any INXS albums...:hm:

I agree with Feldy, using a reality gimmick to pick a new singer...come on guys.:rolleyes:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Yes that would have been the right thing to do.

The surviving members could have stayed together got a new singer and a new identity of their own.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
I do not believe that a band should retire when a member dies, especially not aftere the way that Michael died. The TV show was a bit too much, I agree, but they did it to get their defunct band back into relevancy. I like JD Fortune and I hope he goes on to have a great solo career.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I do not believe that a band should retire when a member dies, especially not aftere the way that Michael died. The TV show was a bit too much, I agree, but they did it to get their defunct band back into relevancy. I like JD Fortune and I hope he goes on to have a great solo career.

It depends on the band, when "Joy Division" frontman Ian Curtis committed suicide just as his band was making it big it devastated all of them. In his case his medical condition was the reason he took his own life, his band mates were so busy living the life they ignored the danger signs right in front of them.

Rather than carry on as Joy Division, they changed their name to "New Order" and went on to have great success. That is a good way to move forward too.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online