I Am Going To A Bob Dylan Concert!!!

algernon

Reaction score
It sounds as though some wouldn't object if Dylan decided not to play any music at all and just urinated onstage. I guess that would be hailed as "art." He would be expressing himself "artistically." It's the WORK I care about--not Dylan.It's precisely that I care so much for Dylan's work that I wish he would CARE enough to present it as well as I know he is able. It is obvious to me that he is touring for reasons OTHER than serving the MUSIC.

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
Look, I know what you mean and actually agree in a lot of ways, it just doesn't bother me. He's on Tour, I wanted to see him, I saw him. He wasn't near as indifferent as I expected which tells you something of my expectations.

I saw Willie Nelson not long after and it's hard not to compare the two at Bob's expense. Willie LOVES playing for people and the people love him back. maybe Bob doesn't care about people's love. it's his gig. I paid my dough. I enjoyed it. now look, maybe I'll admit to being a glutton for punishment. He seemed to be having a miserable time but I had a great time. I thought his souped of version of "Masters of War" was pretty swell.

At least, I THINK it was "Masters of War"

I knew what I was getting into. I saw Hag and the Strangers. it was great night for me. Bob sounds like he's singing into a respirator but I think it's a neat sound.
I figure I'm entitled to think that, eh?

algernon

Reaction score
I'm not trying to beguile anyone from their enjoyment of the Live Bobster. I'm just expressing my opinion. And in my opinion the Emperor has no clothes!

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
no doubt about it, you've gotta wonder what motivates the guy.
I guess not being able to crack his nut might be part of what interests me about the guy.

algernon

Reaction score
Martha Washington said:
I figure you're entitled to think that, eh?
Just as you are entitled NOT to! Some people have a gift for seeing the glass half full I guess... :cheers:

algernon

Reaction score
Martha Washington said:
no doubt about it, you've gotta wonder what motivates the guy.
I guess not being able to crack his nut might be part of what interests me about the guy.
I really think it's a similar thing that Brando had about acting. It's the same reason Brando sent the Little Feather chick to accept his oscar and the reason MISSOURI BREAKS sucks sooo bad.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online