I Am Going To A Bob Dylan Concert!!!

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
I prefer seeing Dylan when I did to one of his more Vegasy Tours. I'm a Tom Waits fan and I think maybe that gives me a leg up.

a peg leg.

with a knothole.

Last edited:

runtfan

Reaction score
AboutAGirl said:
Quit lying to yourself about me runtfan. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm blind. That's arrogant and self-important of you. "Blind idolatry" has absolutely positively nothing to do with my post, and you are wrong if you refuse to believe that. Number one, I like what Dylan is doing and would like it no matter who it was coming from. Didn't you read how I never saw Dylan as an idol to begin with? His current actions are specifically what make him my idol. Number two, I ask the same thing of Dylan that I ask every single musician I see, no matter who or what they are. I ask that they do whatever they choose to do. No matter what they choose to do, that's all I ask. (It's also something that is conveniently impossible to fail at) If I don't like what I get, I don't pay. If I like what I get, I pay. It makes no difference to me how much effort gets put forward. Why should that be more important than the music? I bet that Kurt Cobain was putting more effort into his guitar at most Nirvana shows than Jimi Hendrix was at the Isle Of Wight, since Jimi was bored & tired of the scene, while Kurt had to concentrate hard to play and sing at the same time.

Your opinion on the duties of musicians is vastly different from mine, and all we can do is agree to disagree on that issue. When I pay for a concert I'm paying for the artistry of the artist(s), and artistry in my mind knows absolutely no boundaries.

This is an insult to any self respecting musician.

And I'll say it again...you're WAY too easy on Bob Dylan (or any artist hwo has the balls to put his or her name on a marquee).

I don't think you realize how silly you sound saying you'd like what Dylan was doing no matter who was doing it...think about it.

We can agree to disagree if you want...or not, but don't expect to post stuff like that and not get challenged.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
runtfan said:
This is an insult to any self respecting musician.

And I'll say it again...you're WAY too easy on Bob Dylan (or any artist hwo has the balls to put his or her name on a marquee).

I don't think you realize how silly you sound saying you'd like what Dylan was doing no matter who was doing it...think about it.

We can agree to disagree if you want...or not, but don't expect to post stuff like that and not get challenged.

:D You can't accept my OPINION. You're the silly one. If someone says they appreciate a band that you don't, do you feel the need to have them 'challenged'?

I like Dylan's live music. Since I like it, I'd like it from almost anybody (maybe not Hitler or Stalin).

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Ole Bob still has the indifference to conjure up some arguments about him which is interesting.He is a legend and a true eccentric,but at this point I would not pay to see one of his concerts.
I guess it was enough for me to listen to him live for free outside the Reno Hilton Ampitheatre approx 9 yrs ago.It was just one of those moments where I was just there and didn't know there was any concert on....so I enjoyed listening to a few songs, (he and the band were fairly clear and coherent), and then drove back downtown to play cards.

runtfan

Reaction score
AboutAGirl said:
:D You can't accept my OPINION. You're the silly one. If someone says they appreciate a band that you don't, do you feel the need to have them 'challenged'?

I like Dylan's live music. Since I like it, I'd like it from almost anybody (maybe not Hitler or Stalin).

I've got no problem with you liking Dylan or not liking Dylan. What I think is ridiculous is you saying that you don't care what he does, whether he sounds like crap, whether he gives a shit or not...it's all good with you because it's what Dylan wants to do.
If you think I'm jumping on you because you like Dylan, you misunderstood the whole point of our exchange. You conceded that he may or may not suck, but it was cool because it was Dylan and he was doing his thing. You even said it was "gutsy and artistic" to go onstage and mumble his words, not sing in tune, and not give a shit. It's "gutsy" all right, to have the nerve to charge people money for that nonsense.That's nothing but lazy and rather pathetic, coming form someone of his stature, especially after having announced his appearance and sold tickets.
The world is full of fans that DO care and full of musicians/singers/ artists that DO care about how they come across and take the time and put forth the effort to maintain some kind of minimum standard.
THAT'S the insulting part...not giving a shit.

cigarandyak

Reaction score
i love seeing dylan live. he has actually gotten better each time ive seen him over the past few years.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online