I Am Going To A Bob Dylan Concert!!!

RoxorFuxor

Awesome Monger
Reaction score
That's right. Bob Dylan. In all honestly, this guy is my hero. My dad is taking me about 2 hours away where I will see Bob Dylan with my good friend and concert buddy. Bob Dylan! I am so stoked. Great seats too, tickets just wen on sale today! This is going to be so righteous.

Reverend Rock

cool music and hot coffee
Reaction score
I'll be very interested in hearing some feedback from the concert. If his recent albums are an accurate indication, I don't know if I would want to hear him attempt to sing his older songs live these days.

algernon

Reaction score
Don't want to rain on your parade, but I am a diehard Dylan fan from way back and every time I've seen him live (three times) I have wanted to strangle the life out of him. Dylan Live, for me, is an exercise in self-loathing...a man doing his utmost to demean himself. I will be interested to hear your report...I hope you find him more lucid than I did.

RoxorFuxor

Awesome Monger
Reaction score
I am not expecting him to be that good, it is just the experience. I don't know, I just really want to go.

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
I last heard him outside The Reno Hilton Ampetheatre a few years ago, of course, vocally Bob is never spot-on but I think you will enjoy the show..
Have fun!!! and let us know how it goes.

RoxorFuxor

Awesome Monger
Reaction score
Dear God it was terrible. Like, worse than I expected, and I expected pretty bad. HE opened with Maggie's Farm, which was pretty good, but he is doing this kind of "swing" style that got really annoying. All the songs were done in the same style and the only words you can understand are in the chorus. The original tune is so warped you can barely identify what he is playing by the instruments. To top it all off, he didn't even play guitar, just the keyboard.

I hate to say it, because Bob Dylan is my favoirte musician, but that was the worst concert I have been to. The town it was in made up for it though. So many awesome shops. I got some door beads and two vinyls (Frampton Comes Alive! for myself, and A Night at the Opera from my friend). I also got an awesome Bob Dylan belt buckle at the concert.

Oh, and what is up with Dylan's new logo?

Reverend Rock

cool music and hot coffee
Reaction score
I'm afraid that if you want to hear a great Dylan concert now, you'll simply have to listen to Hard Rain or Newport or one of the other available recordings from his golden years...are there any good Dylan concert DVDs?

RoxorFuxor

Awesome Monger
Reaction score
I listened to Hard Rain a lot this past week, that made the concert even worse, I suppose.

I think they only have a DVD of his MTV Unplugged feature.

Spike

Rock & Soul Archaelogist
Reaction score
Sorry. I was hoping against hope that you were going to enjoy the show. Dylan's been one of my heros since the mid 60s. I saw him about 18 months ago (my third time) and it was worse than pathetic. You have to wonder if he (a) doesn't know how awful he is; or (b) knows but doesn't care. I'm not sure which would be worse. I find solace in the live vinyl boots I have from the 60s and the Don't Look Back movie.

Spike

algernon

Reaction score
I'm sorry too, Rox. I was hoping I would be wrong, too. Only Marlon Brando matched Dylan in the self-hatred department.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Staff online

Members online