How Many Hours of Music Do You Listen In a Day?

How Many Hours a Day Do You Listen To Music?

• 0-1 hours

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • 1-2 hours

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • 2-4 hours

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • 4-6 hours

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • 6-8 hours

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • 8-10 hours

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • 10+ hours

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
By the way ,I think the reason that so many people stubbornly defend CD
sound quality over Vinyl is the fact that a mid range CD player is able to" pull " much more of the sound quality out of CD then a mid-range record player is able to reproduce the sound quality of an album.

On the high end the record player is better able to reproduce the quality of the vinyl's highs and lows and so it it becomes noticeably superior .At mid range level not so much.

Also LP's wear out much too fast and the quality suffers quite obviously.

Last edited:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
CD's are encoded at 1411 kbs DKW, they are WAV files just burned to a disc. I have experimented with all this stuff and WAV's are okay. I can play my Sansa and they sound as good as a CD does to me. I don't play music on my PC at all.

I realize that but by playing the Wave files / CD on my system rather then my computer it makes all the difference.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
It depends on the genre as well, I have some Classical CD's that literally blow the vinyl ones out of the water.

I have a nice turntable, and I can tell the difference between good vinyl and bad and same goes for CD's, I also think you have to have the right gear for digital to reach it's potential and I have a great A/D decoder built into one of my preamps.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
That is why I said "Quality" CD .Vinyl is the same way some are better then others as already discussed .It has to do with the sound quality of the original recording tape itself which of course suffers when inferior equipment is used etc.etc.etc.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Oh I agree with you, I did say I only listen to my music on my Stereo system, and always have. People that don't have the proper equipment are missing out no matter what format they use.

That is the most important factor, if it is done poorly originally no matter what we have to play it on afterward the quality suffers.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Oh I agree with you, I did say I only listen to my music on my Stereo system, and always have. People that don't have the proper equipment are missing out no matter what format they use.

That is the most important factor, if it is done poorly originally no matter what we have to play it on afterward the quality suffers.

So true. And high end computer files on a high end computer audio system will
sound better then someone playing a bootlegged Cd on crappy equipment of course .:lmao:

So there are always veritables.

joe

Reaction score
When it comes down to the vinyl quality here in Canada with the example I had given earlier both copies are labeled on the back of the jacket; CBS Records, Canada. Now does that imply they were actually produced(pressed) in Canada or were they pressed some where else, maybe the US(?). I do remember reading some where that vinyl had different wieght rating catagories based on the actual wieght of vinyl itself and I what I can recall in was in ounces or grams. If that is so, would the sound quality be better reproduced(?). To me, it makes sense. I will do some research on this topic.

I agree with both you on sound reproduction does come down to the equipment. I have a Dual turntable I purchased 30 years ago and for years, every year I replaced the cartridge/stylus diligently. I don't do that now as I don't spin as much vinyl as I used to. I will tell you when replacing the catridge/stylus(BTW, I always used Shure) there was a sound difference between a $75 and a $150 catridge. I could also the hear the difference when I replaced the old catridge with a new one of the exact same model.

In regards to CD sound quality, this is a topic I haven't discussed for years so some of my recollection of the knowledge I did have is probably obscured. What I do recall is the transfer of analogue to digital format was in some ways the sound was contemplated for a lack of a better word. My memory on this subject is all but fazed out. Again, I'm going to refresh my brain on this subject.

Great conversation. When I was a teenager I wanted to be a recording engineer, going to two years of college, in which I did, then I was going to transfer to Eastern Washington University, which I didn't. I couldn't see myself working in a small, enclosed environment pushing and moving buttons up and down. I'm more of an outdoor type of guy, though now as I'm older and when it's cold and wet out I do at times become a pansy.

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
I would say 6-8 hours on weekdays. At work, I always have internet streaming radio swirling out of the computer but it is in the background of things going on. In my truck, always. Evenings, when I'm jammin' on the Mac, it's CD's and internet streams as well. Weekends, I like to listen to the 70's programs in the vehicle or if I'm wrenching in the garage.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
if I'm reading or writing music distracts me too much.

Same here.

I remember in my school days, I couldn't listen to music and do my homework....my parents were so pleased...they didn't have to tell me to turn it off....but, as soon as my homework was done, my Father was banging on my door telling me to turn it down.

:heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online