Hey Babyboomers.. How About Some Pop!!

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Santigold~ Unstoppable.. If any of you know the story of the lone guy on the hill at a concert got a whole crowd of people to join in dancing.. The video went VIRAL!!

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
It's indicative... to me anyway that I lost touch with pop.... when pop lost touch and became black modern "R&B".... which in turn is an insult to the true nature of that genre. White pop (pap in radio talk) has all but disappeared being replaced by dance/trance and keytech and programmed beats. Zoneing songs into different charts didn't help either. I recall seeing at least 7 varying charts.... and that was in the mid-90s!
I do enjoy new stuff of all types, having always gone by the premise that a good song is a good song (but it's subjective)
Having youngsters around is healthy in this aspect, as they normally have their finger(when off the cell!?) on the pulse of things.... In saying that-I did hear Klaatu coming from a bedroom yesterday!!
Very nice description there Nai.. Very true points.. I started this thread because here in the states POP has turned a surprising corner. SEX is the big seller it seems like. And of course if we go back to our own teen years.. WE wanted sex too..:heheh:

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I still like Rihanna. She's beautiful and has a powerful and seductive voice. I haven't listened to her in years, though...

Rihanna - Umbrella
This isn't a bad video Mojo.. Rihanna to me is like the black Taylor Swift of pop.. Some of her songs especially the song with Minaji "Diamonds" messed with my Mojo..

This one is better and maybe I'm over the nausea of that Just Like Diamond song..;)

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
KAZAKY~ PULSE.. 8.1 Million views on You Tube. I gave this a listen and was most like some of you.. a little uneasy and was thinking why am I watching this and why do so many others like it alot!!
A russian group but since I was at one time a dance choreographer, this was impressive work and tight on the group doing a great job staying in sync.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Kelis~ Milkshake.. Ive herad this song sampled so many times.. Even in commercials..

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Qveen Herby~ Sugar Daddy.. This song after 4 years hearing it the first time... STILL get's stuck in my head..:peek

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online