Guitar case sticker mystery

tamorgan

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum and thought this might be just the place to solve a mystery. I just bought a nice 1974 Gibson Les Paul Standard. It came with the original hard shell case and the case has a few stickers on it. One of the stickers is a mystery to me. It is a bit worn but I am hoping someone on here can tell me what this is. It looks like a 70's era band sticker but I can't find anyone who knows what it is. PLEASE help.

Attachments

• Sticker.JPG
    Sticker.JPG
    292.8 KB · Views: 34

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if that turns out to be a Roger Dean design, it's certainly in his style, he did lots of rock album covers and tour posters, most notably for bands like Yes, Uriah Heep, Budgie, but I can't identify the precise one you have there.

tamorgan

Reaction score
So I really don't feel so bad now. Looks like I'm not the only one who can't determine the origin of this sticker. I'm still open to suggestions if anyone has any clues.

tamorgan

Reaction score
Re: Guitar case sticker mystery - SOLVED

The mystery is solved. Found it on Google. It appears that this sticker has nothing at all to do with a band and that it is nothing more than some "druggie" sticker. It is called an Enchanted Valley sticker and doesn't appear to have anything to do with music at all.

Attachments

• 1226_alien_visitation[1].jpg
    1226_alien_visitation[1].jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 15

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
How do you search like that for an image on Google?...or did you just type in the words "flying saucer, mushrooms, pyramid, and a bunch of marijuana" into the Google search box?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online