Gene Simmons Vs Madonna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Well look at it this way...just because alot of people don't like Madonna does not mean she hasn't sold millions of records. As far as Gene and his mouth these days and the merchandise? I can see where it would be irritating from another's POV. No problem at all. :grinthumb

But I will say that growing up with them in the 70's? Had to be there. It was exciting and magical, and they gave alot of kids something to latch onto when alot of other bands were putting the audience to sleep.

They were alot of fun to have around.

:grinthumb

I don't hate Madonna//I don't think she is any worse then anybody else in Pop Music:grinthumb Actually BETTER than most

Last time they had a Pop Diva tho ,there was a costume malfunction:tongue:

With Madonna , I'd worry

Nobody wants to see THAT again

but I do think a rock band would be better..why don't they get Bruce Springsteen ?

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Bruce performed the SB halftime show a few years ago, and he did a good job. The best I saw personally was Tom Petty.

I think they try to vary it with their choices and appeal to a larger audience by not having the same genre each year. It would be incredibly boring if they stuck with any one year after year and football fans range from young to older so they have their acts reflect various age groups' preferences. :)

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
:grinthumb

I don't hate Madonna//I don't think she is any worse then anybody else in Pop Music:grinthumb Actually BETTER than most

Last time they had a Pop Diva tho ,there was a costume malfunction:tongue:

With Madonna , I'd worry

Nobody wants to see THAT again

but I do think a rock band would be better..why don't they get Bruce Springsteen ?

Bruce did it in 2009. The BEST show! Here's a clip.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Jersey , Thats soo fun !! I thought he did it ! Look at Clarence..R.I.P BiG C

I like MaDonna but I don't think MOST people who watch the Super Bowl would watch her over a rock band . She isn't really the right 'feel' .she is the self promoting type..and for the adverts and planners thats scarey lol..(see costume malfunctions) I wouldn't think they want worry that gramma or little baby will see something embrassing..too risky

someone like Tom Petty or Bruce is just gonna go out and rock out..safer

I think Genes ' totally just saying that..and also of course .he prevoking some trouble with his mouth ..he's Gene , you all should be used this and not even be moved other than amused..

he got what he wanted attention ..

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
I don't mind some of Madonna's songs even though I don't have anything of hers in my collection with the exception of her appearances at the Live Aid gigs. Having said that, it doesn't surprise me that she was chosen as the halftime entertainment at the Super Bowl. Promoters have to find the "big" name to do the event. Simmons did say she is "terrific" though with a disclaimer of some sort...

If they want a band to do the deed that is family friendly as is their wont, then they should go with Bon Jovi.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
^^^ Bon Jovi would be a safe choice (and a little boring IMO). That reminds me the U2 halftime show commemorating the victims of 9/11 back in 2002 was very moving and also a top notch performance. I don't usually care for them but I'd take them over Bon Jovi. Maybe even RHCP would have been a good choice since they're hot right now despite what people say about them. Or maybe even the Foo Fighters.

I really think they go to appeal to those who just watch for the Super Bowl hype and keep them watching for advertising purposes. You know, the "I only watch for the commercials" crowd. The football fans will watch regardless and if they really only wanted to entertain them they wouldn't have chick acts like Madonna up there performing and more guy-friendly acts. ;)

Lord Dweedle

Reaction score
Madonna is way better.

Honestly, Gene is just jealous that Madge is in the Hall of Fame and Kiss is not, Madge even has more likes on facebook than kiss, more fans than kiss and hasn't soldout like kiss.

Gene made a terrible solo album, a terrible reality series and apparantly leaked a sex tape in order to stay relevant.

Oh and Kiss also sang with Adam Lambert, how much more of a sellout can Kiss become...

Madge has NEVER EVER had to do anything like this to stay relevent, she is awesome, smart, sexy and the most talented singer/songwriter of the 20th/21st century.

That is why she was chosen for the Superbowl.

Last edited:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
ILJP, I don't think majority of male Football fans are excited about seeing Madonna.

Generally, Madonna isn't guy music....

unless your one of her male backgound dancers. :rolleyes: :heheh:

Madonna sex symbol days ship has long sailed...

I'm telling you, guys will just wanna take a bathroom break, feed their face, talk about the game and grab another drink, than listen or watch Madonna.

Also, U2's 911 victim tribute wasn't that good, to be honest - the NFL 'dropped (fumbled) the ball' and should had an American act perform.

Like Ted Nugent. :D

And musically, I'd take Bon Jovi over Madonna, if I had a choice...

then again I'd take dogs barking ''Jingle Bells'' over Madonna!

:lmao:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Groovy... If you look over my post again I said I think they try to appeal to the bandwagon Super Bowl hype viewers and commercial watchers to keep them watching. If you look way back marching bands used to do the halftime shows. I think the more and more it became about advertising and commercial endeavors they changed it up a little more to make it more mainstream.

Of course I realize men wouldn't want to get down with Madonna during their big football day. Maybe in 1991 but not now. :heheh: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online