That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
tmz.com

Yet again, Gene is right...

http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/07/gene-simm ... time-show/

Madonna has no business performing at the Super Bowl ... this according to legendary KISS frontman Gene Simmons, who thinks the game would be better off with a "real band."

Simmons was leaving Boa in Hollywood last night when we asked how he felt about Madge headlining the Super Bowl halftime show -- to which Gene sarcastically replied, "I love all karaoke singers, I love all the girl singers who get up and sing with tapes ... shame on you!"

Gene added, "By the way, Madonna's terrific ... I hate the tapes."

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I agree with him, get a real band with no gimmicks to play, after all the athletes are giving their body and soul in the game you should expect no less from the performer.

The list of artists I would prefer ahead of Madonna would be extensive, just about any serious rock band from the 50's to the present day...yeah I am not a fan.:nw:

:grinthumb

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
My, how times have changed. People have accused the NFL of "playing it safe" in their choice of Superbowl halftime acts ever since Janet Jackson's infamous "wardrobe malfunction". Madonna used to be the most controversial act out there. Now she's family friendly. As another recent SB halftime act once said "What a drag it is getting old".

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I don't watch the half-time show and haven't for years. I crank up my own tunes and only watch the game.

I think the Superbowl and NFL attach way too much importance to the halftime show anyway, it should be about the game...I'll bet the players don't like the extended half time break either, upsets their natural routine during game day.

Madonna could perform stark naked and I still wouldn't watch...:grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eh don't really like Gene Simmons attitude. Then I can't stand him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online

No members online now.