Gene Simmons slams today's poprock artists

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
You can say that all day.. It's not the truth even though all you hear coming out of him is business talk.. but take into account his growing up story.. He wants the good life for his family.. That requires money.. I still think he's humble at times and thinks more about putting on one of the best rock shows out there.. Nothing wrong with that at all..

I will say it all day. A corporate whore talking about other corporate whores is the pot calling the kettle black. he should keep his yap shut =)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
By JeffRoyer
Thu, 25 Aug 2011 17:38:34 GMT
"Everybody else is exactly the same. Every rapper is the same as every other rapper; every rocker is the same as every other rocker,” he added. “Uniqueness is the only important thing"

Anybody else think this is a valid point???

I will say it all day. A corporate whore talking about other corporate whores is the pot calling the kettle black. he should keep his yap shut =)

What he does is make money and keep his band alive.. Gene has moved KISS into this generation like a true musician would at his age!

He's just a bitter shit head.

:wtf:

340x.jpg

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
I think Simmons is right (aside from his take on beaver and lady rip off). I go to the gym, and they play this new (21'st century) rock--and it all sounds the same. It's got as much personality as a head of iceburg lettuce. I mean it's OK; it's better than rap which is complete shit, but it's generally just bland as hell.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Do people know how to look past the radio? Or is that just a hard concept to grasp?

No, but I think that is the main point, what he's complaining about in the first place. The mainstream radio stuff that we all hear.

I mean he was knockin' MTV awards

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
No, but I think that is the main point, what he's complaining about in the first place. The mainstream radio stuff that we all hear.

I mean he was knockin' MTV awards

I never took MTV awards seriously haha. Always thought the idea of music videos for the most part was pathetic as well. I rarely listen to the radio. If I do it is because I am sitting in someone elses car.
He seems to be worried about what is going on with mainstream.
I say pay it no mind.
We already named a good list of artists that will and have stood the test of time so far. Shit some of whom have not been around for over 10 years still are popular among their respected genres.
People determine that today's music is shit just because of what is played on the radio. I find that to be very ignorant. Also if someone has a problem with the mainstream music that is being played today try mentioning some bands that are great that don't get the attention they deserve.
Another thing that bothered me about his idiotic comment. His complaining about image. Who gives a shit? If the music sounds good it sounds good. Should not matter what the person looks like.
Was never a fan of Gene.
This past year has just made that dislike stronger.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah, and I kind of forgot the anything after 1950's-1980 deal. That was wierd. Yes, there are plenty of artists from 1980 on that stood the test of time, and there's no denying it.

I think Gene is just part of the old cranky syndrome now. His heart and thought is in the right place...he's defending rock in general, but it doesn't come out right.

I dunno, I don't believe he dislikes as much as he let on in this report. I only agree that alot of mainstream stuff can sound the same after a while, but I also, like you, spend more time looking past radio to see what's hot, and who got signed for the songs and the talent, and sometimes the show too...but mainly I'm looking for the good music and it's out there..alot of it. :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cucukakek89apk

Members online

No members online now.